"Assault Rifle" Used for Self Defense - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Assault Rifle" Used for Self Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Self defense is indeed a major area of concern today. I believe its never too late to familiarize yourself with the latest techniques and equipments. There are numerous resources out there I found defendingusa.com particularly useful.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrem700 View Post
If criminals knew they only had a fifty percent chance of walking away, I'm sure crime would be down 70 % the other 30 % would die of stupidity!!!
I like you way of thinking.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

"Good kid" must not mean what I thought it meant, cuz this isn't the first time I've heard it used under similar circumstances.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
"Good kid" must not mean what I thought it meant, cuz this isn't the first time I've heard it used under similar circumstances.

True, Benning, true. Just once I'd like to hear, "Kid was a bad seed. Ran with thugs and sluts. I tried my best, but the stupid kid never listened to anyone. I should have beat him more."

Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

This may just be my evil vendictive side but shouldn't the 3 suspect have 2 counts of murder or mansaughter on his head as well? I mean two of his buddies did bite the dust in the commission of a fellony? I think we need to come down hard of people commiting a crime with a firearm. Like this guy did shoot them all and let god sort them out.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
This may just be my evil vendictive side but shouldn't the 3 suspect have 2 counts of murder or mansaughter on his head as well? I mean two of his buddies did bite the dust in the commission of a fellony? I think we need to come down hard of people commiting a crime with a firearm. Like this guy did shoot them all and let god sort them out.
depending on the jurisdiction he might, but it is unlikely. i think most of the time that whole "death occurred in the commission of a felony" doesn't apply to the guy who survived this situation if his partners died. however, if the guard had died, even if the bad guy who survived didn't pull the trigger or anything, he would definitely be charged with the guard's murder.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

It should. You got your buddy killed because you and him were up to no good. In this case I would say the guy that is still alive was the mastermind behind it all. How do we know that one of the dead guys was not the mastermind behind it all.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
In this case I would say the guy that is still alive was the mastermind behind it all.
Right again, tango. If I were the prosecutor, I would look at it like this:

Alive guy: Take this gun, (dead guy), you need to show your meddle. If you don't, I'll kill you. Do it.

Usually, the guy with the gun in your face is not the General.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Yeah everytime a thug gets off'd here in the Central Valley of Ca., they have their family members all over the news talking about how the individual(s) was a loving person and was turning his life around.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #20

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

The good guys always win. He's lucky the robber didn't know how to operate his gun. I was we were allowed to carry "assault rifles" and shotguns in our everyday life. A potential robber would think twice about robbing a mother of three at the grocery if she had an 870 slung across her back. At gunshows were everyone has a firearm everyone is polite and curtious to each other. I wonder why.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380