Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Assassin's Creed I & II (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/assassins-creed-i-ii-20714/)

Dillinger 12-03-2009 10:38 PM

Assassin's Creed I & II

So, does anyone else think this is truly one of the greatest games ever, but with the WORST outside story line??

I mean, I have now completed both versions. The in game, historical game play is AWESOME. History, intrigue, double crosses, sabotage and of course, TONS of assassinations. This new one featured town building, an ever expanding arsenal, free roam environment that is HUGE.

And yet....

Here I am, at the end of the second tail in this story, and I am NO closer to understanding what the "real world" me is up too, what the Templar's have to do with it and WHY my game keeps ending like a sudden drop off a cliff.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? And now I have to wait another two years for the next edition to further the storyline?

Great game. Absolutely epic. But do us a favor and just dump the "real world' story and keep the programmers busy on more historical and interesting stuff.....

ItsmeShane 12-03-2009 10:48 PM

i went and played the first one at the game store, I didnt like it. I couldnt get into it at all.

lonyaeger 12-03-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 193773)
So, does anyone else think this is truly one of the greatest games ever, but with the WORST outside story line??

I mean, I have now completed both versions. The in game, historical game play is AWESOME. History, intrigue, double crosses, sabotage and of course, TONS of assassinations. This new one featured town building, an ever expanding arsenal, free roam environment that is HUGE.

And yet....

Here I am, at the end of the second tail in this story, and I am NO closer to understanding what the "real world" me is up too, what the Templar's have to do with it and WHY my game keeps ending like a sudden drop off a cliff.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? And now I have to wait another two years for the next edition to further the storyline?

Great game. Absolutely epic. But do us a favor and just dump the "real world' story and keep the programmers busy on more historical and interesting stuff.....

You've tried the Call of Duty games, JD?

Dillinger 12-04-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 193782)
You've tried the Call of Duty games, JD?

Yeah. I don't like any game that GIVES me a set kit and expects me to just run through a battlefield maze. I hate that. Let me pick my way through and let me pick my own arsenal.

COD is definitely NOT for JD

Mack Bolan 12-04-2009 02:24 PM

i'm digging COD MW1 so far...have to get use to this controller, but actually this assassins creed sounds as if i might like that more...gonna have to scoop the first one and check it out....just got the xbox360 after my bro in law gave me a sampling of the COD MW2 over turkeyday....

lonyaeger 12-04-2009 02:40 PM

I suck at the game, but I love the fact that the weapons are represented so damned accurately.

Mack Bolan 12-04-2009 02:43 PM

yeah...its like golf, when you suck, you still want to play but dont want to talk much about it.

i suck at all these games.....i dont even go online its that bad.:o

NitroxAZ 12-04-2009 03:57 PM

I haven't played either of the Assasin's Creed games. Is it worth it to get the first one or should I skip it and just get the second version?

I will have to give them a try. I do like the new COD MW2 though. It's the best first person shooter I have played.

HunterRob 12-04-2009 03:59 PM

yup it's official a talk forum about guns, hunting, and video game's, ths is my new home....

assassin's creed is a great game i like the whole on your own and getn the job done without causing a big uprising, and when i jus wanna run in guns blazing and blow sh** up call of duty and battelfield bad company is were it is, and when you wanna an epic treasue hunt gotta go with Uncharted, the new one really kicks ass...

Dillinger 12-04-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ (Post 194096)
I haven't played either of the Assasin's Creed games. Is it worth it to get the first one or should I skip it and just get the second version?

I would definitely get the first one to get the back story and learn the game play. The second has more challenging tasks that require some skillz in the jumping from platform to platform and figuring out HOW to get from point A to B.

Great game. Lots of free running and you can interact with all sorts of items in the game.