Asmel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Asmel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Ask Asmel to send you a photo or post one of the ginormouse tire and wheel that crushed him. I almost crapped myself.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Asmel, as was suggested, see if you can get a student visa to come up here. I'm sure that any number of us will do our best to help you out.

If I can do any research or something for you, please let me know.

Prayers on the way for your recovery and potential freedom.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
What can we do to help, Asmel?

Can we write letters? would that help?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Thanks a lot for the payers.
I already have a valid B1 (tourist) visa, so I can go to US whenever I want but only can stay up to 6 months/year... the problem is I can't work legally and/or stay longer than 6 months.
The only way to achieve this is by a job offer, to be able to opt for a H-1B Work Visa for College Educated Professionals... The H-1B Visa enables professionals in "Specialty Occupations" to make a valuable contribution to the American economy. A maximum of 65,000 H-1B Visas are issued every year. The H-1B Visa is issued for up to three years but may be extended. This provides a maximum stay of six years. The H1-B Visa holder can apply for a Green Card if a company wants to sponsor his or her application. The H-1B Non-Immigrant Work Visa may be issued to applicants seeking temporary work in a "Specialty Occupation" which requires the skills of a professional. "Specialty Occupations" include: accounting, computer analysts, programmers, database administrators, web designers, engineers, financial analysts, doctors, nurses, scientists, architects and lawyers. The petitions are submitted by employers based on their need for the non-US.-resident employee. H1-B Visa holders must posses a minimum of a bachelor's degree. However, requisite experience can substitute for education, depending on the individual case. FOR MORE INFO CHECK THIS OUT
About the accident... well was almost 3 years ago... changing tires of a Caterpillar 773E quarry truck, the pic below was taken moments before the accident, the guy there is exactly 6´ tall like me, those were the old tires, the new tire, the one that fell on me, can be seen in the back with a yellow protector...
Asmel - The Club House
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got a hip replacement and spent 6 months in bed and almost a year to learn to walk again, I´m glad to be alive.

The other way to migrate legally is by obtaining a Green Card through Marriage... but that it´s another whole case with its implications.
Well I wish I can find a way to migrate legally to the US.

Thanks in anticipation to all of you.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 08-14-2010 at 04:00 AM.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #15

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

With this whole "Prop 8" thing in CA opening the door to same sex marriage, maybe one of our single CA members wants to take on a mail order brid...Groom....??

Sounds like Tango might jump at the chance, but he isn't in CA, and is already married. I'm in CA, but alas, am already married as well......

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 483 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am sure we could get you here with your current Visa, then when it runs out you can wait for amnesty.
I am willing to put up $100 dollars towards your airline ticket.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #17

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Asmel, if there is anything I can do to help just let me know. If you do make it here you are more than welcome up in VT. As for the visa, i would suggest you just get here - try and land a job or enroll in school and then see if it can be ammended/revised. A lot of Irish have come over in the years and many do just that. Some also just stay beyond but that's a different ballgame.

Another option as you mentioned - get married. I'm sure you could land yourself some american girl to get settled temporarily.

Prayers for you and yours and good luck. Keep us updated.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #18

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
What can we do to help, Asmel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
Can we write letters? would that help?
+1 Surely there is something that can help

Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I normally don't support "sham" marriages, but in this case.....find this man a wife, and you've got yourself citizenship.....

Old 08-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I also had discussed Asmels situation with him on chat, Essentially he needs a company to sponsor him with promise of employment using his computer skillset.

Once here he can work on getting his green card and apply for citizenship,
(in a nutshell). But that is the biggest hurdle, a company to sponsor him and provide employment.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson