Asmel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Asmel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Asmel

Many of you fellow supporting members know our friend Asmel on here. He unfortunately lives in Venezuela with Obamas twin brother at the helm. I am posting this to bring it to everyone's attention through conversations with him that he would love to come to the U.S. legally but our government wont grant him asylum. He is out of work for speaking out against the dictator in charge and because he isn't what Obama sees as worthy of asylum he must stay in his country.
This is unfortunate on so many levels. We give asylum to all the wrong people and yet he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you want more details PM him or catch him in chat. I just posted this as I wish there was something we could do for him.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the heads up.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #3

I was chatting with him last week and just got around to posting this. Told him I'd throw it out there due to his situation.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3049 Times on 1753 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Besides becoming a judge on American Idol????

What is his specialty?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #5

He was working on heavy equipment until he got smashed by a big ass tire and wheel. Broke his hip. Now he cant get a job because if I remember right he spoke out against or signed a petition against Chavez.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
He was working on heavy equipment until he got smashed by a big ass tire and wheel. Broke his hip. Now he cant get a job because if I remember right he spoke out against or signed a petition against Chavez.
He's a systems engineer. He's highly educated and has a ton of experience. He's just in the wrong country...

Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot Doc.
I want to move out mainly because the lack of civil rights/liberties... this situation is getting worse, Chavez now supporting leftist Marxist guerrillas from Colombia giving them asylum, now they rules in here almost like another Army.
Well for those interested, I'm electronic engineer, I used to work with heavy duty mining equipment (big Tonka toys) but I had an accident and now I'm partially disabled. So I have to back to the start on the other field of experience I have... computers and networking (computer technician... assemble and repair computers, installing software, perform back-ups, set-up and configure small LANs, etc), I'm about start the Cisco CCNA certification in September.
PM for further details.
About, why I can't find a job in here? because I signed a petition against Chavez, check this out :
The existence of systematic political prosecution in Venezuela, as established in article 7 of the Rome Statute, has been been argued for some time now. Apologists of Hugo Chavez maintain that it is nonsense, just another cry wolf allegation against the 'democratically elected' leader. Many people have complained about the existence of a list, compiled by chavist assemblyman (congressman) Luis Tascon with a group of collaborators, that is widely utilized by government officials at all institutional levels to deny passports, contracts, IDs, employments, benefits, etc. Not only did Hugo Chavez order and knew about the existence of the database, the president concludes the memo by asking that his request be given full legal consideration. Thus Tascon put together, with the assistance and leniency of Venezuela's National Electoral Council's (CNE) director, this Venezuelan version of McCarthyism that could be consulted by the public from March 2004 on the website of Assemblyman Tascon; a revised version was distributed on July 6th of the same year. Hugo Chavez admitted in live television that the list had fulfilled its purposes -he also praised Jorge Verstrynge's book 1 hour and 25 min. into his dominical charade of Sunday 10th of April- expressing that civil servants ought to stop using it against those who signed to petition for a recall referendum on his mandate. What is more, the database was a key element of the official effort mounted by Chavez with tax payer's money to win the recall referendum known as "Misión Florentino". The software program that comes with the list is called Maisanta, probably borrowing its name from Comando Maisanta, which was the chavist political campaign prior to the recall referendum. Also with the package there is a rather long power point presentation geared at electoral officials supportive of Chavez. Researching a bit about this topic I was able to find, download the list via emule (just search for "lista de tascon") and install the software in my PC. It contains details of 12.394.109 citizens, that is to say Venezuela's entire electoral register up until July 6 2004. The images speak for themselves. The questions: what would happen should any of the leaders of the democratic nations of the world be caught ordering the construction of such database? What would happen to the electoral institutions of America or any European country and its officials should they be caught passing critical information with respect to the political tendencies of the electorate to politicians of a given ruling party?
MORE DETAILS IN HERE

Thanks in advance, god bless you all.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Foreign Exchange student program. Maybe enroll in school and get a visa for education and we can raise money for tuition.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

What can we do to help, Asmel?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I was completely unaware of the accident.

My prayers, Asmel.