Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AR's sold like hotcakes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah, but Musket, safes will be easier to find and buy than guns and ammo will be.

Be glad you need to worry about more safes! Nice worry to have.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #22

well, I do need more ammo, and probably waited too long to expect to get flats of what I need. We reload the shotguns, but the pistol stuff we buy.

I might not have any of those fancy black rifles, but I am fair enough with what I have, and a burgler would find himself in a predicament in my house

I am not sure I will locate another safe right now either. News reports last week said the safe orders were up 100% (people hoarding gold, money etc at home--plus us gun owners).

That being said....I am not sure where I would put the silly thing. I have a small house, and the other safes already take up space....

In fact, I crammed the smaller one into the downstairs bathroom. Its now a bathroom/gunroom. I figure what the hell, its MY house and it suits me. You don't like it--don't visit me hahahaha Of course this gives husband an excuse to always been in the bathroom

Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #23

Well my gun shop is either smart or stupid.

They are making everyone pay the full price no layaways on ARs and AKs right now so it gives the illusion that they are always in stock....because no one is putting it on layaway right now.

If that were not the case you would see me with one of their coverted Saiga's right now because I've been low on cash but payments in cash would be so much easier.....

Bah.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post

Crime is bound to go up. I have two girlfriends who this week asked me to help them get CCWs (they are shotgunners, and just have not yet bothered to get pistol permit). They are concerned about the spike in crime and would like to get pistols...
It's already started. In my county in NC, B&E's have spiked. The local gun shop has a scanner and everytime I'm in there(3-4 times a week) the scanner goes off about a B&E. Just yesterday, they found a safe with a hole in it, laying in a ditch on a back road And the other day, an old lady went out to her flower bed and found a shotgun half buried in the bark mulch.
Looks like someone dumped it and planned on coming back for it.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I am thoroughly amused that the only portion of society that seems to be doing well economically is the firearms trade. And the reason it is booming is because of Mr. Hope and Change.

I am equally amused that people who probably never would have thought of buying an AR are snapping them up along with components, effectively raising the number of gun owners.

If manufacturers would hand out NRA memberships with purchases, membership would be staggering.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Interestingly, there isn't a single box of ammo to be found here. Normally, there is 1000 round cases lining the walls. Not any more...
It's getting like that around here too (south metro-ATL) and, clearly, with national stores.

I felt pretty sure that Obama was going to win by the first week of October, so I started buying ammo - 2,000 rounds of m193and 4,000 of m855 from surplusammo.com - and I'm sure glad I did. I ordered another 2,000 of m193 the morning after the election and yesterday surplusammo called to tell me that they were out of both rounds and could not tell me when they were geting any more.

Ammoman.com has suspended all new orders due to the avalanche of demand, georgia-arms is running way behind, ammuntiontogo is way behind, etc.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #27

The REAL level of trust in Mr. Hope and Change seems to be very different from the professed level of trust.........

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #28

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Very true. Actions speak louder than votes, apparently.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Well my gun shop is either smart or stupid.

They are making everyone pay the full price no layaways on ARs and AKs right now so it gives the illusion that they are always in stock....because no one is putting it on layaway right now.

If that were not the case you would see me with one of their coverted Saiga's right now because I've been low on cash but payments in cash would be so much easier.....

Bah.
Despite that it prevents some from getting something, I suppose as a business, its a smart move given the economy right now. More people are unable to pay their bills, so as a small business, I would not want to be left holding the bag.

So, disappointing for buyers, but prudent for the store....

Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It really facinates me that 'IF" you tell someone they "can't" have something, they'll go out of their way and possibly into deep hock to get it.

Such as in the case of AR's and AK's. Many people are buying black-guns and they have no use for them. These weapons will probably never see a single shot. What a stupid reason to spend money...

Those people who would use these weapons already have them, and paid very little for them by comparison to todays prices.

Closed Thread