AR's sold like hotcakes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AR's sold like hotcakes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I'm not even trying to buy now. I've expressed it before but I don't think the AWB if implemented will be done quickly. So come March/April your going to have a ton of people with AR's and a sagging economy so I expect to see a huge influx of cheap AR/AK for sale.
That's what I'm hoping for myself.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #12

Well, I am not sure sure folks will be getting rid of their stock too soon, as we have 4 years of O and potentially 8 (oh the horror).

That being said, my opinion is that there are also other drivers of this surge in purchasing various firearms & ammo--in particular the aforementioned sagging economy.

Crime is bound to go up. I have two girlfriends who this week asked me to help them get CCWs (they are shotgunners, and just have not yet bothered to get pistol permit). They are concerned about the spike in crime and would like to get pistols.

That being said, you are correct about the timeline. I know legislation--having been politically involved for more than a decade. First, O needs to be inaugerated, which will not happen until Jan 20. Then he needs all his appointments and transition stuff to take place (its a huge amount of work). so at a bare minimum we are looking at Feb 1st. Then session needs to get up and running and the bill needs to go through committees etc.

So, in my mind, it IS coming eventually, but I dont think we will start to see antigun movement until after Feb 1.

That said however, we are dealing with a whole new era here, and we have a single party holding 95% of the cards, so anything is possible. O might try and flex executive orders, or have an emergency session or who knows...

Pelosi is already calling for a special "lame duck" session to happen next week to pass legislation to bail out the auto industry (dont even get me started on that).

So theoritically something could happen soon, but logistically, its probably more lik 3 to 6 months (not that THAT is any better either).

Just my purely unscientific hypothetical out of the loop thought process, so make of it what you want.

I already have my guns & ammo hoarded downstairs next to the tinfoil and bottled water hahah.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I'm not even trying to buy now. I've expressed it before but I don't think the AWB if implemented will be done quickly. So come March/April your going to have a ton of people with AR's and a sagging economy so I expect to see a huge influx of cheap AR/AK for sale.
God, I hope and pray you are right..............

Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post
Well, I am not sure sure folks will be getting rid of their stock too soon, as we have 4 years of O and potentially 8 (oh the horror).

That being said, my opinion is that there are also other drivers of this surge in purchasing various firearms & ammo--in particular the aforementioned sagging economy.

Crime is bound to go up. I have two girlfriends who this week asked me to help them get CCWs (they are shotgunners, and just have not yet bothered to get pistol permit). They are concerned about the spike in crime and would like to get pistols.

That being said, you are correct about the timeline. I know legislation--having been politically involved for more than a decade. First, O needs to be inaugerated, which will not happen until Jan 20. Then he needs all his appointments and transition stuff to take place (its a huge amount of work). so at a bare minimum we are looking at Feb 1st. Then session needs to get up and running and the bill needs to go through committees etc.

So, in my mind, it IS coming eventually, but I dont think we will start to see antigun movement until after Feb 1.

That said however, we are dealing with a whole new era here, and we have a single party holding 95% of the cards, so anything is possible. O might try and flex executive orders, or have an emergency session or who knows...

Pelosi is already calling for a special "lame duck" session to happen next week to pass legislation to bail out the auto industry (dont even get me started on that).

So theoritically something could happen soon, but logistically, its probably more lik 3 to 6 months (not that THAT is any better either).

Just my purely unscientific hypothetical out of the loop thought process, so make of it what you want.

I already have my guns & ammo hoarded downstairs next to the tinfoil and bottled water hahah.
Wait, you have 2 girlfriends?

Nice!

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Wait, you have 2 girlfriends?

Nice!
Not quite what you think Brother - that's Lady Musket that you are talking too.... and I assume she means female accomplices, er, friends.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #16

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I won't ever get rid of my AR, cause if the economy sags to much and I can't afford food, then those hunting seasons won't matter crap to me. I'm sorry but I will drop a deer in July to eat if I have to. Plus, with my first kid on the way, no-one in my house goes hungry.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The only connection I'm not making is that a huge fear is confiscation. Why are so many investing in firearms that could potentially be taken?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The only connection I'm not making is that a huge fear is confiscation. Why are so many investing in firearms that could potentially be taken?
It's more a concern of a new gun ban rather than door-to-door confiscation. With previous bans, new firearms sales were banned but owners of banned firearms were permitted to keep them. If there is a new ban in the near future, people expect the stuff they buy today will be grandfathered and left alone.

As for any attempts at confiscation, that's a different story which would not play out well.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

As expected, demand is out srtipping supply for AR's thus driving prices to "PROFITEERING" levels for sellers. However, there is a SILVER LINING... for us that are looking for "other" weapons.

I was hanging out in the parking lot at my local gun dealer shootin' the breeze with fellow gun owners, and watching people going into the shop. Once in a while someone would bring a trade-in hoping to save a buck or two. Some guy pulls up and gets a Mossberg 500A Tactical Conversion out of his car. I said "nice shotgun" you selling it? He replies that he hopes he can use it for trade-in on an AR. I said yes you can, but you won't get much for it. Maybe 75 dollars tops. He said OK, SO I WHIPPED OUT $75.00 and bought me a really nice Mossberg 500A.

And here is is... I even got 5 boxes of Winchester high-brass #4 shells with it.

500a.jpg  

Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #20

Ah, Dillinger outed me I don't pack heat the same way as you gents do

Yes Matt, I am female, Dillinger correctly noted that those would be my accomplises.. ha.

There is definitely a good buy market out there for shotguns. My husband is awfully lucky, as our collection of sxs has increased significantly in the last 6 months.

The downside: now I need to buy yet another safe...sigh.....

Closed Thread