Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AR's sold like hotcakes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default AR's sold like hotcakes

I was at a small privately owned local gunshop yesterday, and I was ASTONISHED. It was standing room only as the place was packed with people. The gunshop received in a pallet load of AR-15's and they were selling as fast as the guns were checked in. It was amazing. These AR's ranged from 800.00 to 1600.00 dollars. Most were .223 but a few 7.62 and even a few 308's were in there.

The entire pallet was enpty by 6:00pm. Interestingly, there isn't a single box of ammo to be found here. Normally, there is 1000 round cases lining the walls. Not any more...

I told the owner (A. B.) he needs to write obama a thank you letter...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Been a lot of this going around in the last few months

Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #3

I was in a local gunshop yesterday (11/11) and expressed surprise that there were still 7 or 8 ARs in his floor rack. He told me that those were the last ones he had and that he had sold 7 guns today to people who were standing outside waiting for him to open up. He said that had never happened before in all the years his family (multi-generation ownership) had owned the store.

He usually has about 30 to 50 AR's on hand. He figures they will be gone by Friday or the weekend at the latest.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #4

My local gun shop has called about a dozen suppliers and no AR's. One manufacturer,( DPMS I think) has stopped production on all but their three most popular AR's just to try to catch up to the demand. The gun shop ownwer said the last time he saw "panic" like this was 9-11. His wife and son were working at the shop and they had to call him in to help. When he got there he had to park on the shoulder of the road 'cause the parking lot was completely full. When they opened their ammo shelves were full. When they closed there was not one single round left in the building.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

same with my local gun shop
they had walls and racks of AR-15's
i went last weekend they had one left...

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 11-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #6

Obviously this reflects a high level of trust by the gunowners of America in the integrity of Obama's stated intentions of "respecting the 2A".

Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Same here. Even the oddball ammo is gone.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #8

well the last time i was at my local shop (last Monday before elation day) all the stripped lowers and most of the Ar's where gone.... haven't been there since but I know one of the other shops (champions) in CS) is always packed now selling pistols and the such.... Its amazing how much trust the people have in Obama.

Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy. - Rudy Giuliani

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is VIOLENCE.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You guys know what supply and demand is?

Methinks the market may be taking advantage of paranoia, founded as it may be, to make a few extra dollars.

If I were of the foil hat wearing crowd, I would bet that the gun industry backed Obama's campaign.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 11-12-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm not even trying to buy now. I've expressed it before but I don't think the AWB if implemented will be done quickly. So come March/April your going to have a ton of people with AR's and a sagging economy so I expect to see a huge influx of cheap AR/AK for sale.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Closed Thread