Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   AR's sold like hotcakes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ars-sold-like-hotcakes-8366/)

Mark F 11-12-2008 10:38 AM

AR's sold like hotcakes

I was at a small privately owned local gunshop yesterday, and I was ASTONISHED. It was standing room only as the place was packed with people. The gunshop received in a pallet load of AR-15's and they were selling as fast as the guns were checked in. It was amazing. These AR's ranged from 800.00 to 1600.00 dollars. Most were .223 but a few 7.62 and even a few 308's were in there.

The entire pallet was enpty by 6:00pm. Interestingly, there isn't a single box of ammo to be found here. Normally, there is 1000 round cases lining the walls. Not any more...

I told the owner (A. B.) he needs to write obama a thank you letter...

opaww 11-12-2008 10:44 AM

Been a lot of this going around in the last few months

Northwoods 11-12-2008 12:46 PM

I was in a local gunshop yesterday (11/11) and expressed surprise that there were still 7 or 8 ARs in his floor rack. He told me that those were the last ones he had and that he had sold 7 guns today to people who were standing outside waiting for him to open up. He said that had never happened before in all the years his family (multi-generation ownership) had owned the store.

He usually has about 30 to 50 AR's on hand. He figures they will be gone by Friday or the weekend at the latest.

supergus 11-12-2008 03:26 PM

My local gun shop has called about a dozen suppliers and no AR's. One manufacturer,( DPMS I think) has stopped production on all but their three most popular AR's just to try to catch up to the demand. The gun shop ownwer said the last time he saw "panic" like this was 9-11. His wife and son were working at the shop and they had to call him in to help. When he got there he had to park on the shoulder of the road 'cause the parking lot was completely full. When they opened their ammo shelves were full. When they closed there was not one single round left in the building.

junho806 11-12-2008 04:58 PM

same with my local gun shop
they had walls and racks of AR-15's
i went last weekend they had one left...

Northwoods 11-12-2008 05:20 PM

Obviously this reflects a high level of trust by the gunowners of America in the integrity of Obama's stated intentions of "respecting the 2A".

Benning Boy 11-12-2008 05:50 PM

Same here. Even the oddball ammo is gone.:(

fin24000 11-12-2008 05:52 PM

well the last time i was at my local shop (last Monday before elation day) all the stripped lowers and most of the Ar's where gone.... haven't been there since but I know one of the other shops (champions) in CS) is always packed now selling pistols and the such.... Its amazing how much trust the people have in Obama.

matt g 11-12-2008 06:35 PM

You guys know what supply and demand is?

Methinks the market may be taking advantage of paranoia, founded as it may be, to make a few extra dollars.

If I were of the foil hat wearing crowd, I would bet that the gun industry backed Obama's campaign.

notdku 11-12-2008 07:06 PM

I'm not even trying to buy now. I've expressed it before but I don't think the AWB if implemented will be done quickly. So come March/April your going to have a ton of people with AR's and a sagging economy so I expect to see a huge influx of cheap AR/AK for sale.