Arrrrr ...2Gen Dodge 4wd Front Ends Suck! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Arrrrr ...2Gen Dodge 4wd Front Ends Suck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

M- My
O- old
P- piece
A- aint
R- runnin'

Learned years ago about Mopar's..

I know, I'm gonna take a rash of hell for this one..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

[QUOTE=cpttango30;181633]What else do you expect from a Dodge?/QUOTE]

What he said!

I had two Dodges in the mid-80's (SWB Van and a RamCharger). They were both OK vehicles, BUT they were CHEAPLY made (one in Mexico and one in Canada). Soon to be Son-in Law has a late 90's Dodge Sport P/U. It has seen a lot of downtime for repairs.

I have had very good luck with Chevy and Ford 1/2 tons, and really love my current F-250 diesel.

TXnorton

Old 11-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
What else do you expect from a Dodge?

Should've bought a CHEVY or a FORD. My ford was 30 years old when I got it and it ran like a dream all I needed to do was repalce the valve stem seals and run some 20w50 oil in it to keep the pressure up. Other than that and tires it was the best running vehicle I ever had.
This is the truth!! I'm a Ford guy myself and I belive tango likes Chevy but both are tons better then a Dodge. I've got 280k on my Ranger, my parents have 260k on a 97 Explorer, my dad's last truck was still going when he sold it at 250k. I could list plenty of others that I know personally who have similar results from Ford trucks. None of them got anything more then regular maintainence and wear items.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Dodge, hecho en mexico

Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #15

This was the first new dodge truck I bought....and my last!

Personally, I think all truck quaility went downhill when it went from a workin mans/outdoorsman vehicle to a plush fad to drive a huge 4wd behemoth, heck most folks drivin em' can't spell 4wd no less engage it.

And don't even get me strated on the fuzznutz who buys a 4wd truck then lowers it..... WTF????

I got one more adjustment to do on the steering box and a re-check of all the steering components before I go to plan B. .................markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Why is it that all the Dodge guys feel the need to put the truck nuts on their trucks? Is it a mopar thing?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Why is it that all the Dodge guys feel the need to put the truck nuts on their trucks? Is it a mopar thing?
LOL. Honestly, I've never seen those on anything but a Ford. Usually it's on a 350 Super Duty with $1500 worth of empty tool boxes (aside from Starbucks cups) that gets used on the highway commute to haul one guy to his desk job.

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I saw some on a Honda..........a honda.

I've known several people with dodge trucks, new and used ones. ALL of them had transmission troubles with relatively low miles.

Dodge can go pound sand. I'll stick with Toyota,Ford, or Chevy. If you are driving one of those "honda tard trucks" get yourself neutered.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #19
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1200 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Hey now,I have had a set of trucknutz on my Peterbuilt for longer than I care to remember. It's a Bullhauler thing that just transfered over to pickup trucks.They have been around for years in the trucking industry.

Back to the thread title,All of the domestic mfg's have been cutting corners on quality parts since the 1970's,and Dodge has really screwed the public with cheap frontend components that wear prematurely,and the aftermarket for them isn't any better for replacements. Most of the front end components only last for 50k-60k and then they are worn out.
The problem is that all their dumbass book smart computer using engineers have no real world experience with how a vehicle operates on a daily basis.

Give me a good set of Timken Bearings that I can repack on scheduled maint,and put grease fittings on all moving joints so I can lubricate the damn thing and it will last a lifetime.

Dodge,Chevy-GMC,and Ford all build junk today,they all have major problems with their products today,and they cost more than some homes cost. But you can't blame them,because the general public just keeps on buying them,and our government jackass's keep bailing them out everytime they are going bankrupt.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #20

Front wheel bearings you say??? HA! They screwed john Q truckowner by making it a one piece hub assy. Can't just swap/repack/inspect bearings, got do the one piece huB @$200 clams per hub... cha-chingggg..... hosed again by muther mopar...........markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow