Arrested Over A "Smart Meter" - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Arrested Over A "Smart Meter"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i don't have anything to add at this time, and just wanted to learn about these Smartmeters. this discusion came up at work today when we were listening to it on the radio.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Bunch of good information is available here: https://sites.google.com/site/nocelltowerinourneighborhood/home/wireless-smart-meter-concerns/smart-meter-consumers-anger-grows-over-higher-utility-bills

If even a quarter of that stuff is true then there is something sinister going on.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #13

Liked 2776 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 2665

It's all about your carbon footprint and how the government can cheat you out of more of your hard earned dollars.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
It's all about your carbon footprint and how the government can cheat you out of more of your hard earned dollars.
Yeah, well I am well into the negative numbers as far as my "carbon footprint" is concerned. I just wish that I could cash in on some of that "carbon credit" money that is out there.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 814 Times on 419 Posts

A couple things, first my dad is an electrical systems design engineer and helped design much of the smart grid. For the most part public utilities in America are run very well and the smart grid is a good idea in theory... depending on how it is used. The cost of energy production is going up no matter what your political ideologies may be and in order to offset some of that we need to better analyze production, distribution and usage. The smart grid is not a violation of anyone's rights, they can monitor your usage, recommend ways to help you adjust your usage and if need be cut your usage for you, and there is nothing you can do about it. Well, you can exercise your freedom of speech and scream your head off. Lastly, I was still living in California when a smart meter was installed, that thing was garbage, it said our highest usage was at 3 am when everyone was asleep. The first two months our bill nearly doubled before mysteriously going back to a normal usage. PG&E said we could have our meter checked for a fee but there was already a waiting list about a year long and they guaranteed it was working properly, we left the state before ever resolving the issue. One last thing, if your worried about electro magnetic radiation you're either horribly misinformed or slightly retarded, either way you have a better chance of being shot by one of those evil assault rifles than you do of being killed by a brain tumor. There is enough electro magnetic radiation in America we can now passively track aircraft without turning on a radar, in fact one way to detect stealth aircraft is to look for the hole in the sky because they are absorbing the radiation. Point is, if it's bad for you you're completely screwed!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6953 Times on 3498 Posts
Likes Given: 7564

Ive had a few friends over the years get newer (Non Smart) meters because they complained that their power was being metered wrongly. They were right, unfortunately in the wrong direction, their bills increased with the new meter. I suspect even with the super best needle bearings, they become a bit sluggish over time.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

In the rural area i live in, some people have their meter mounted on a pole that is not necessarily all that close to their house. Perhaps, this would be an acceptable alternative so far as limiting their RF exposure? My nephews meter is at least 20 yards from his home.

Alternatively, people can opt to have their electrical service disconnected, can't they? Perhaps a natural gas-powered generator would be an acceptable alternative for those who are truly worried about the new meters?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #18

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Not only is it not worth getting arrested over ... the woman is clearly in the wrong. The meter and socket panel are property of the utility company so if they want to upgrade the meters that is their choice.

if that woman doesn't want a smart meter I suggest she take her home off the grid

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Not only is it not worth getting arrested over ... the woman is clearly in the wrong. The meter and socket panel are property of the utility company so if they want to upgrade the meters that is their choice.

if that woman doesn't want a smart meter I suggest she take her home off the grid
easiest way to get off the grid. just don't pay your electric bill and they will do it for you!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #20

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

Exactly. If you want to use the power company's juice, then you need to let the power company install their equipment to measure how much of their juice you're consuming.

If you don't want to submit to their tiered payment schedule, then your only option is to quit using their service. switch companies or start making your own power.

The lady in this instance was wrong and deserved what she got.