Army enlistment questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Army enlistment questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Say yes. Do NOT lie!

I also did the green stuff during my high school years. I am in the military, and I told my recruiter that I did the stuff for a little while during my young years. I've been in the military for 11 years now, and still going strong.

To lie is NOT cool, especially on the enlistment papers. One of the main cornerstones of the military is integrity first (i.e. doing the right thing and telling the truth at all times).

Good luck in the military, and stay safe.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
If your an only child Don't let them tell say you won't be sent out of country. YOU CAN AND POSSIBLY WILL be sent. I learned that lie the hard way as my son was told that and was sent.
I'm not an only child, but regardless, I fully am aware that I may, scratch that, will be sent out of the country.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Bear in mind that passin the dutchie will not keep you from office of the President, however.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Bear in mind that passin the dutchie will not keep you from office of the President, however.
Let's all roll up a hog leg and say we didn't.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
As for the clearances, I've googled. In all honesty, I don't think I want to be involved with national security on the intelligence side of things. For now, I'll stick to getting into the Army first. After that, I'll see what happens.
All soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors are involved with national security.

There are many tactical intel and signals, as well as aviation MOSes that require advanced security clearances.

Don't limit yourself. You'll possibly do more damage by lying than you ever can by telling the truth.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
All soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors are involved with national security.

There are many tactical intel and signals, as well as aviation MOSes that require advanced security clearances.

Don't limit yourself. You'll possibly do more damage by lying than you ever can by telling the truth.
Fair enough.

As for the spine, it does not and has not caused me any problems. Without an x-ray you'd probably never notice it. The only reason I know I have it is because my grandma has it very severe, has a rod down her spine to help her stay straight. I think I'll just play dumb on that one.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #17

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Just tell the truth, I was told by my recruiter that if I lie about it and they find out, the repurcutions would be far more severe for liying than they would be for using in the past.

I am currently seeking a career in LE and was told the same thing by a state trooper who interviewed me a little while back. Most of the time, using in the past won't get you disqualified. I know several cops who used to smoke and they are now outstanding officers.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #18

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Let's all roll up a hog leg and say we didn't.

Hog leg enough?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I remember the day I had my nuke weapons interview. The LCDR asked me if I'd ever taken medicine for glaucoma (My words, not his.) and I responded "Yes". He said something to the effect of "If you haven't ever tried dope, there's something wrong with you".
If you're heading to flight school, you'll have an in-depth security review. Later at some point, you'll be visited by a humorless guy in a bad suit who will ask you about a bunch of other stuff not covered in the first round, and then you'll gradually find out how many of your neighbors have clearances, because they'll be interviewed regarding you.
That used to really piss my wife off!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 AM   #20

Default Not for the sake of arguement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Fair enough.

As for the spine, it does not and has not caused me any problems. Without an x-ray you'd probably never notice it. The only reason I know I have it is because my grandma has it very severe, has a rod down her spine to help her stay straight. I think I'll just play dumb on that one.
Have you considered any other branch of service. Navy will sent you to schools till heck freezes over if you got the brains and hustle to go for it. Bonuses are not bad either. Yeah, my Son is a CPO in the Navy, and yes he knew the weed on a first name basis. He has been in 12 years. And yes a recruiter will BS you.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.