Armslist Firearms Marketplace
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Armslist Firearms Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Armslist Firearms Marketplace

Has anyone ever used this sight to buy or sell a firearm?

I have tried responding to several ads for several different weapons, and no on ever gets back to me. Very frustrating, since the weapon I want is right in front of me, driving distance, right price, private sale, everything! But no one responds.

12FRETTER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2

Liked 718 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Ive used it for both. I love it... Do you have a local Backpage? Its like creigslist but they allow guns and accessories.

Sometimes that happens, You just gotta move on to the next one....

Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter
Has anyone ever used this sight to buy or sell a firearm?

I have tried responding to several ads for several different weapons, and no on ever gets back to me. Very frustrating, since the weapon I want is right in front of me, driving distance, right price, private sale, everything! But no one responds.
I've had more bad or frustrating experiences than good with armslist. More as seller than buyer tho. I guess if u do find that one "right" deal, then it makes it all worth it. I usually avoid it these days...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #4

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think I have asked 4 or 5 different sellers a question and have not gotten any response from any of them. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Glad to hear someone has good experiences with it, at least that's something.

12FRETTER

Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used it once recently and it was a positive experience.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #6

I realize this post has sat for 2 moths, but I thought I would share my experience anyway. I have been using armslist as a dealer since September 2012 and have sold over $100,000 worth of guns off it. Its kind of like craigslist. Since you can't just hit buy it now, you depend on people following through. I routinely have no shows for craigslist stuff, probably 50% better success with armslist. For myself, I do my very best to be fast on my replies and to reply to every email I receive. The very rare exception are the ones with terrible grammar, so much texting language that you can hardly make out what they are saying due to to all the abbreviations, and that the gist of the message is they want to give you below the wholesale price of the gun. 99% of the time, if you email me about an ad, I will reply back within a short order - but my business depends on that. So, don't give up. It's a great free resource.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I've just become an addition to the millions that are benefitting from this site. It's got a plain & simple, easy to navigate set-up, and I have yet to be dissapointed in the results!

A thousand times preferable to standing at the Walmart counter for over an hour!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #8

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I've used it before to buy guns, ammo, and accessories. I have never sold anything on it, I want to keep everything I have.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones