Armed store robber taken down by customer
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Armed store robber taken down by customer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Armed store robber taken down by customer

Tulsa Police express their thanks to a citizen who helped them arrest an armed robbery suspect. Police say a 44-year-old American Airlines employee is a hero and it was all caught on tape.

The fight wasn't easy. The good Samaritan has injuries all because he was courageous enough to try to save himself and others in the Food Pyramid store, near 51st and Memorial, from a robber who see More..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=575_1218238418

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Good for him! Citizen involvement is key to cleaning up the streets. If the coward, thug gangsters had to worry about the average Joe stepping up to the plate, they would quit stealing and get a damn job like the rest of us!

These thieves are just a bunch of lazy pimples on society's a$$. They are in dire need of popping!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Kudos to Mr. American Airlines! I hope he pulls through okay.

I agree with Robo - if the average street thug had to worry about more than a possibly armed store owner, had to watch out for everyone else, like they do when behind bars, a lot less crimes would be commited. It's too bad the civilian wasn't able to put the hurt on the perp without getting injured himself - a firearm in his hands MIGHT have made all the difference in that struggle.

JD

Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #4

The Hero should sue the perp for the injuries. Seems the hero acted within the realm of the law and was injured doing so, at the fault of the thug.

Seems fair right?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
The Hero should sue the perp for the injuries. Seems the hero acted within the realm of the law and was injured doing so, at the fault of the thug.

Seems fair right?
If a burglar can sue you (average-joe home owner) for injuries that he (the bad-guy) received from breaking in to YOUR house, I see no reason why the hero couldn't sue for injuries he received from fighting and controlling the bad-guy.

Makes you wonder what makes people commit stupid crimes over and over and over and over and.........

Old 02-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

RIGHT ON!! I love to see people actually fighting back. He didn't have to get involved, it wasn't his store, just a man doing the right thing.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer