Armed and Running From a Dog - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Armed and Running From a Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
We'd been dog-free for the 2 years or so since I took our old Black Lab in to have her put down, when Mrs. Noids informed me that she was on the list for a Chihuahua puppy.
There are very few things in this world which would aggravate me more than a Chihuahua, so I figured that she was pulling my chain.......
I figure that if I stuffed the damned thing full of lead sinkers and attached it to a long pole with some chain or cable, I might be able to swing it hard enough to stun someone. Or get them laughing so hard that they forget what they came here for.
It worked out in the long run. She got the ....."thing" (I refuse to call it a dog.) and I got the XD-9. If things keep going the way they are, I may be the first member here to have a genuine Chihuahua-hide holster.

So by your terms "Little People" are not real people?

What many people fail to realize is that the small lap dogs were the alarms of royalty the little guys would raise hell at a sound awaking guards and their BIG dogs. So little dogs are their for a reason. Any dog is better than no dog little dogs have saved lives just like big dogs. The most feared working dog I ever meet was a 50# Female Belgian Malinois named Tasha. She was all work She had 4 yes 4 stainless steel K-9 teeth. She also had a nasty habit of sweeping your legs as she attacked you. She put 3 different handlers in the hospital with that move. I watched one and she hit the back of her legs so hard she did a flip and landed on her head. When you caught Tasha you have to wear a football helmet and shoulder pads or risk getting your neck broke. She was not a big mean scary dog and has more than likely been put to sleep by now as she was really old when I took care of her at a ripe old age of 9 years old. She had busted more than $10 million dollars in drugs and she even fought in both the gulf wars and protected diplomats on missions to bad areas of the world. I would rather catch the 110# Brusier Mongo the AF guys had (Looked and acted just like Mongo from Blazing Saddles). He was a brute but no match for that little girl half his size.

It is not the dog in the fight it is the fight in the dog.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have yet to distinguish between the "Intruder Approaching" continuous yipping and the "regular" continuous yipping.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 1744 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I've got 3 little ones that stir up the medium one that wakes up the Mastiff. Once he gets going, there is a problem. The problem will not get past the front door W/O getting eaten by the Mastiff, but I can deal with the problem in the front yard.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #24

Absentee landlord (and this is an upscale neighborhood) rented the double-wide on the adjacent property to four 19 yr old boys, and their vicious pit bull. (Large, rural tracts out in the country . . . mostly horse pastures and stables.)

These days I take a .357 magnum to get the mail.

Last edited by SlamFire; 03-27-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #25

Default Do not know how to attach it, but

Google Kennel von Arizona The owners are very close friends of mine. The dogs are real German, German Shepards. Most awsome dogs I have ever seen work.

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Small dogs are good companions too... they a equally loyal as big ones.
My son, Coky a miniature Pinscher, I had to make the devestating decision to put him to sleep in January after a terminal disease, I still miss him ...a lot

This my other son... Lázaro (Lazarus) a 2 y.o Dachshund
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #27

Default Sorry Noids

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
If things keep going the way they are, I may be the first member here to have a genuine Chihuahua-hide holster.
I got that picture in my mind, and nearly pi$$ed myself laughing.

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

My "Puppies" Dad being put through his paces. Direct German Bloodline. Both of his parents were born in Germany and he mated with my pups mom who has the same German tie. Our's is a first generation outside of Germany - so he is 100% German.

My house dog is a MONSTER and if you make the mistake of getting into a place where mom or dad are, and you are not supposed to be there, it's going to take an army to pull him off you. Just the way I wanted him.

I'll post a couple of pictures later tonight....

JD

Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I've always had a fondness for American BullDogs

Love that white coat...and sometimes they are brown and white or even black.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #30

Liked 14 Times on 3 Posts

i miss my german shepard. He was a great dog and the breed is one of my favorites the only problem i had with mine was that he was too smart for his own good. learned how to get out of a choke chain and ran out in the road he was about 8 when he passed. i want another but i think its gonna be awhile until i have the space for one. soo i think im gonna go with a bull terrier. something a bit smaller but still strong enough to rough house with.