Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Armed and Running From a Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Armed and Running From a Dog

Worried your big dog can't take care of their self ?

Don't be , especialy if he/she is a German Shepard .

http://view.break.com/568874

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 AM   #2

haha to funny, the dog even gets lifted over the counter so he can continue chewing up the robber

Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #3

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Good boy, this is way I love big dogs.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

LMAO - That's awesome. I love how the dog is nowhere to be seen, and then suddenly, WHAM! Right on the gun hand...

I have a German who, at the time of the last vet visit, weighed in at 108 pounds. There aren't too many people that don't look twice when he barks..... and the UPS man is one fast S.O.B....

Great post Big O

JD

Old 09-12-2008, 03:16 AM   #5

Thanks JD .

It's a good example of how scary fast and vicious an animal can attack , I had to watch it a few times to even catch when the dog grabbed his arm .

Whats funny in you mentioning you have a 100lb + Shep is if you like I have been around Shep's most of your life it is easy to tell the dog in the video isn't near as big as 100+ lbs .

The little ball of terror in the video is at best a 80 pounder and they get much much bigger like yours and then there are the biggest Shepard's which are Austrian and Belgian .

I met a patrol cop with a K 9 partner years ago , he was 6'3 or so and his dog was a Austrian Shep , in the sitting position the dogs head just topped his gun belt and the cop told me he was a over 150 lb. , gorgeous animal , dang shame they usually sell for well over $1,200 to $2,000 .

Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Whats funny in you mentioning you have a 100lb + Shep is if you like I have been around Shep's most of your life it is easy to tell the dog in the video isn't near as big as 100+ lbs .
I have been around them most of my life, but never owned one. This was the first dog I ever bought with my own cash. A neighbor growing up had a retired police dog that was trained in Czech. Beautiful dog, and would take your arm off in an instant if given the command, but any child would be able to beat the hell out of the thing without so much as a sideways look from the dog. Very smart, very loyal. That kind of stuck with my growing up.

We did a TON of research before we bought, and since he hasn't stopped growing, apparently it paid off. Although I still have to feed the monster, so I am not so sure "paying off" is the correct term.

Quote:
The little ball of terror in the video is at best a 80 pounder and they get much much bigger like yours and then there are the biggest Shepard's which are Austrian and Belgian .
I was thinking the same thing, that one was about 70 or 80 pounds, but fast as lightening. I don't think I could just scoop life my beast over the counter, though with adrenaline who knows what might happen.

This I know for sure, when that dog sees something he doesn't like, he makes NO BONES ABOUT IT. I love that not so little guy...

Quote:
dang shame they usually sell for well over $1,200 to $2,000 .
Yeah. I don't want to talk about that....

JD

Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

That IS MAN'S best freind, doing his doggie thing! ***Sticking up for Poppa***

Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #8

Funniest thing I ever did see,my wife's 6 pound chihuahua unload 6 pound of whoop ass on
a 100 pound german shepherd mix. Luv,took great offense that some stranger was coming towards her master so she chased the 100 pound mutt out of
our yard. We stood there laughing in disbelief.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #9

That’s why I love German Shepard’s. The Germans used them for defense in both civilian life and army life for a reason. The German Shepard’s weren't afraid to take on a wolf to protect their owner’s flock of sheep. In the military world they are good attack dogs and very protective. In today’s world (civilian homeowners) the German Shepard’s are extremely friendly with their owners, family friends and little kids but are down right viscous to intruders. I’ve seen German Shepard’s go from friendly while playing with their owners kids to vicious when an unknown person comes to close. They go nuts and they're not afraid to attack. Once I move out on my own the first thing I'm doing is getting a German Shepard.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick214 View Post
That’s why I love German Shepard’s. The Germans used them for defense in both civilian life and army life for a reason. The German Shepard’s weren't afraid to take on a wolf to protect their owner’s flock of sheep. In the military world they are good attack dogs and very protective. In today’s world (civilian homeowners) the German Shepard’s are extremely friendly with their owners, family friends and little kids but are down right viscous to intruders. I’ve seen German Shepard’s go from friendly while playing with their owners kids to vicious when an unknown person comes to close. They go nuts and they're not afraid to attack. Once I move out on my own the first thing I'm doing is getting a German Shepard.
I think you need to read and experience a little more about the subject, good dogs don't come like that out of the box................