Armed Homeowner Drives Away Intruder, Police Say - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Armed Homeowner Drives Away Intruder, Police Say

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have down graded from my .45 to a 9mm, it is lighter and smaller, but there would still be no need for a chopper, shot placement is key, and if that isnt big enough, I do keep a 870 closeby loaded with a nice mix of slugs and the centurion that has the 1 round slug and six buckshot.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 03-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynejc View Post
I have down graded from my .45 to a 9mm, it is lighter and smaller, but there would still be no need for a chopper, shot placement is key, and if that isnt big enough, I do keep a 870 closeby loaded with a nice mix of slugs and the centurion that has the 1 round slug and six buckshot.
Oohh! Centurion...(drool...)
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I like Centurions, but the big ball goes where it pleases.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I paid $400 for a copter ride for me and mine when we were in Maui and booked it weeks in advance. This guy got a VIP copter ride for breaking into someone's home? All the same it might of been a .380 but it ended the threat and the bad guy had enough damage to need a airlift. So the homeowner did a good job keeping his family safe. Still if he up graded his firearm the copter wouln't of been required.

My wake up in the middle of the night WTF firearm is a S&W M&P 45 with a light/laser combo. Pretty certain if the bad comes to my house there will be no need for an airlift.
A kid in Pensacola got a life flight to a hospital, where he later died. The bill for the chopper, just the chopper, $10,000.

This thug? Die in place, m**********r.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

That reminds me...

I guy I worked with once told me that his brother-in-law was killed in a car accident. He said he was pronounced dead at the scene. Turns out he was a organ donor, so they life-flighted his body from somewhere in Montana (the accident scene) to some hospital in Idaho.

The day of the funeral, the guys father received a bill for something like $800 for the life-flight.

I believe he got out of paying it, but could you imagine. Talk about adding insult to injury.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 03-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Sounds like the home owner needs to spend some more time on the range. With proper shot placement the thug would have died on the floor. I myself would have waited to call for 5 or ten minutes then I would sue the mothereffer if he lived.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I myself would have waited to call for 5 or ten minutes then I would sue the mothereffer if he lived.
After all, there's no point in trying to call the police if all you can hear is ringing in your ears.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
After all, there's no point in trying to call the police if all you can hear is ringing in your ears.
All jokes aside, this is a point I hadn't really considered in home defense. In all the possible scenarios I've contemplated, hearing loss never crossed my mind.

Could one communicate effectively, or worse, hear a second bad guy after the initial shots?

Seems like a valid argument for suppressors.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Once I participate in a training and shoot thru the windshield from inside of a car with the windows rolled up... and even with the earplugs the noise of a Beretta 8040 was incredible I made 2 only shots...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
All jokes aside, this is a point I hadn't really considered in home defense. In all the possible scenarios I've contemplated, hearing loss never crossed my mind.

Could one communicate effectively, or worse, hear a second bad guy after the initial shots?
That's something I've worried about many times. I've taken a shot with a .38 snub before without earplugs (on accident) and while the ringing was bad, I believe I could still hear other noises without too much trouble. Keep in mind, that was only one shot, and it was outside.

One thing I do is keep a set of the rubber earplugs that are connected on a string, with my SD weapon. If it were a situation where I hear someone come in the house in the middle of the night, I might have time to stuff one in my right ear, and can then protect my left ear with my finger, only when I'm about to fire.

Realistically though, chances are that I wouldn't even bother with the ear plug even if I have the time. It's just one more thing to worry about when you're already in a stressful/panic situation.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!