You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Arizona cop asked NOT to wear uniform when dropping off his daughter @ school..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1185 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

I guess its different all over the place . Here in our small local town Im glad to have a officer present at any place I visit including my kids schools . I have lots of friends that are officers and Im glad to see they carry even in plain clothes . We dont even have CCW in place here yet and when others see him packing openly in plain clothes it doesnt seem to startle them from what I can visibly see and I would guess these people dont know him .
I would have told them to kiss my ass also . This sh!ts getting out of hand

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #12

Liked 3961 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 6583

My roommate RG is friends with alot of the county cops where we live, So they are always hanging around our place. And i know they take their lunch breaks either at the local elementary school, or the fire station. They go thru the lunch line just like the kids do, sit out in the cafeteria and eat with them. From what i understand.. the cops and the kids get along great...and the school appreciates the added police presence.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #13

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I guess I'm the minority here.

1. Cops don't make me feel safer.
2. I don't like my kids looking at armed "resource officers" every day.

The profession of "Peace Officer" is dead, we now have "Law Encorcers" and 99% of their job is about "revenue generation" and indoctrination of the masses.

Many Americans are waking up to the BS of police harrassment, learning their rights, and asserting those rights with aid of camera phones to document and apps that instantly stream video data to the cloud.

Is this relevant to a sheep parent complaining about the cops gun? No.. But it does highlight the lack of respect on the part of the school for asking him to not wear his uniform/gun.

That increasing "lack" of respect for LEO's across the board is not some fundamental shift in the way society thinks, it is societies natural reaction to the post 911 "police state" and the rise of "you tube" which predominately only shows the bad apples.

Tack

Old 10-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #14

Liked 845 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I do not understand why anyone anywhere would not want a cop hanging around...unless they are a criminal.
Exactly Rick!!.... 99% of the time nothing happens when a uniformed police officer is around!!

..and Tack, buddy, you are in the minority. While I'll easily admit there are bad ones out there using their badge to bully and their guns to replace their brains... most that have taken on the job as shepherd are alright.
.....I agree there is a backlash undertow in society due to the over reach on a Federal level... but my son being exposed to local LEO's is a different matter. He should know that these are the good guys and supposed to be respected. It goes with the "serve & protect" mantra they have adopted. Those that don't.. usually get weeded out eventually.
DeltaF Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #15

Liked 3961 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 6583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I guess I'm the minority here.

1. Cops don't make me feel safer.
2. I don't like my kids looking at armed "resource officers" every day.

The profession of "Peace Officer" is dead, we now have "Law Encorcers" and 99% of their job is about "revenue generation" and indoctrination of the masses.

Many Americans are waking up to the BS of police harrassment, learning their rights, and asserting those rights with aid of camera phones to document and apps that instantly stream video data to the cloud.

Is this relevant to a sheep parent complaining about the cops gun? No.. But it does highlight the lack of respect on the part of the school for asking him to not wear his uniform/gun.

That increasing "lack" of respect for LEO's across the board is not some fundamental shift in the way society thinks, it is societies natural reaction to the post 911 "police state" and the rise of "you tube" which predominately only shows the bad apples.

Tack
I guess since i know so many of them personally, i see things from a different perspective. Even if they knew your opinion of them, they would still crawl into a burning car to get you out....Thats the LEOs i know..
People Like This 
Old 10-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3132 Times on 1737 Posts
Likes Given: 4891

Yep, the presence of a person carrying a gun, even a uniformed cop, will set off the left wing ultra-sensitive anti-gunners.

Pardon me while i puke.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #17

Liked 1627 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

I've met more good cops than bad. I met one when I was home. I was sitting in a parking lot, in my jeep with my top down, eating a Hardee's lunch under a big shady oak. A sheriff's deputy pulled up beside me and we talked jeeps for the next 15 minutes. The guy was cool as hell. I had a K9 cop/detective couple for neighbors in Gulport, MS. They were really nice people. I've had a few bad encounters, but for the most part, I like cops.
People Like This 
Old 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #18

Liked 3385 Times on 1707 Posts
Likes Given: 483

In the immortal words of Nancy Reagan: "Just say no."
Seriously, they need to be told to go piss up a rope. Why should stupid people continue to drive the discussion? At some point these morons need to be denied their little victories, this seems like a good place to start.

Tack,
I agree that LE in general has an image problem. IMHO, that's not the issue here. This is a stupidity/hoplophobia problem. Whether people are "comfortable" with an armed LEO dropping his kid off at school is supposedly the issue here, not whether he's a sign of govt oppression. If he is fully compliant with all the laws/regulations governing his wear of the uniform and the accompanying firearm, he has every right to continue doing it. Comfort is not a right guaranteed by the constitution, last I looked.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
People Like This 
Old 10-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #19

Liked 845 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Default One cool Po-po !!

Hey Strat, you mean like this guy....
stratrider Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #20

Liked 570 Times on 384 Posts

I just keep getting dumb founded on peoples stupidity I do not understand this