Arizona cop asked NOT to wear uniform when dropping off his daughter @ school..
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Arizona cop asked NOT to wear uniform when dropping off his daughter @ school..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 700 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Default Arizona cop asked NOT to wear uniform when dropping off his daughter @ school..

Okay... It's official now. We are insane as a society for ANY school officials to even entertain this request from some (obviously deranged) facet of the community !!!

School asks cop to lose the uniform when dropping off his daughter

Apparently they've never heard of the Officer Friendly program in Arizona. When Scott Urkov got a call from officials at Entz Elementary School in Mesa, it wasn't to summon him for a meeting with his daughter's teacher. It was to ask the officer on the Coolidge police force if he'd please wear civilian clothes when dropping her off in the morning, as some parents were alarmed their children had come home talking about a gun-packing cop. .... Urkov has clammed up since a steaming Facebook post (don't blame him)... the school has issued one of those "we're-sorry-he-took-the-discussion-the-wrong-way" non-apologies (not surprised ... How do you take this the "wrong way"??) and some parents can't understand the fuss. "Even if my kids saw that, I think they'd feel more protected to see a man in uniform at their school," said Blaine Spencer.
Full story; http://now.msn.com/scott-urkov-arizona-police-officer-asked-not-to-wear-uniform-to-daughters-school

...I'm absolutely speechless at this point... and at the level of stupid in this country.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

He should do as they ask and show up in plain clothes with his sidearm. Let's see how they like that.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 10-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wow....just wow.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

????????? Crazy!!

Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6140 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

I guess it could only of been worse if he was an MP! "Did you see the military is taking over the school?". Unfortunately, LEO's no longer connect with the public the way they did when I was a kid. They are seen as the strong arm of the Government not The Public Servant on Patrol. Thats what happens when you only see them at crime scenes and driving around. Half the DC police force gunning down a woman armed with a small car and a baby doesnt make you feel all warm and fuzzy either. Add to that the NYPD's habit of spraying and praying and it shouldnt surprise you that folks really no longer want to see the PD unless they call 911.

Not cop bashing, just stating that perception has changed over my somewhat short lifetime, Cops arent respected nearly as much as they are feared in the USA as a whole.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6

Liked 700 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Default Advocate for the blue...

I agree... the media has feed into it also. Only highlighting the bad stories of our police. Most are reasonable, hard working and decent persons with a difficult (to say the least) thankless job. But in our society we DO need them... and seeing one at any school in America is reassuring to me.

I can't understand why anyone else would have even slightest problem with that??? ... Unless they are the issue, crazy & stupid being a really bad combo in this case. I still can't get over the fact that the school asked him in the first place?? Time to find new officials if you ask me... Do they really want school officials passing that crazy and stupid onto the kids??? The kids should be taught to seek out uniformed police if there is a problem... like I was when young... not fear them.

Still beyond belief here!!

Old 10-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I thought the UK was bad when it came to firearms. Police officers here would be armed when taking their children to school. The difference here is that no police officer would travel anywhere of duty including leaving their children to school in uniform for security reasons. Teachers would know the officers but the fact that they are carrying firearms is not an issue. I am surprised that it is an issue in some parts of America.

Last edited by manta; 10-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6140 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I thought the UK was bad when it came to firearms. Police officers here would be armed when taking their children to school. The difference here is that no police officer would travel anywhere of duty including leaving their children to school in uniform for security reasons. Teachers would know the officers but the fact that they are carrying firearms is not an issue. I am surprised that it is an issue in some parts of America.
Trust Me Manta, just cause we kicked the crownies out back in the 1700's doesnt mean they all left. We have lots of highly populated strongholds of unreasonable liberated thinkers here. NY by population is 65%+ Liberal but most of that is located in two districts that I could literally lose in my back yard. States like ours are at the mercy of a citified mentality that doesnt really work in 95% of territory.

Truth is, nobody where I live would have a problem with a cop in uniform or a legal CCW packing heat while they drop off/ picking up their kids; thats at least 10 minutes of the day that someone might be able to save your kid in the case of a nutcase on a rampage.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #9

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

I do not understand why anyone anywhere would not want a cop hanging around...unless they are a criminal. I wish my son's high school has a full time cop. If an officer stops by my hotel, I offer to let them fill their thermos with coffee or grab a pop. I don't have trouble at my hotel very often. But if there always police getting coffee it would be fine with me. Then I could quit paying my security guard.

Every school should have a cop or an armed guard. Why wouldn't they want a free one?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #10

Liked 1023 Times on 570 Posts
Likes Given: 1607

Hopefully he told them to kiss his a55.....end of story.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

People Like This