Ariel Castro found dead in jail cell - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ariel Castro found dead in jail cell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
The coward took the easy way out. He did save us a bunch of taxpayer money but in his case it would have been nice if he spent some years hanging out with his fellow inmates. He might have become someone's love muffin and got a little back of what he put does women thru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Assuming this was a suicide, and I believe it was, I don't have much of a problem with it.

If a person is sentenced to life and we are supposed to be a humane society then if they choose to end their life early I have no issues with that decision. He is of sound mind (or so the courts believed)....
I'm somewhere between these two. I would've liked to see him forced to wait under the weight of his deeds, but other than revenge, I don't see much point in the expense of maintaining him.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

racer_x Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #22

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus
Assuming this was a suicide, and I believe it was, I don't have much of a problem with it.

If a person is sentenced to life and we are supposed to be a humane society then if they choose to end their life early I have no issues with that decision. He is of sound mind (or so the courts believed).
I don't have any problem with it even if it was some colorful flavor of homocide,having to live on the same planet as people like that is an injustice to humanity.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 123

What a tragic loss (for all of his butt buddies!)

Old 09-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3082 Times on 1501 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Sympathy Here? NOT!
I only hope Maj. Hasan will follow his lead!
And by the way Mr. President! Hasan, work place violence? NOT Simply a muslim radical terrorist! Do they think we are idiots?
Good riddens Castro!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #25

Liked 1138 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 246

That act should have saved the state and fed gov about 50 million dollars to clothe, feed, shelter him till a natural old age death.

The real sad part in all this, is it ever happened in the first place.

A map of his home and places where the girls lived, and were abducted, shows a pretty close in crime. Looking at all the facts, had local police put a task force on this, with a budget, he would have been captured many years ago.

His last facebook post, before he was captured read:

Miracles really do happen, God is good

Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #26

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

I realy hope he had help!!!! I wana buy the man some smokes

Old 09-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1127 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 493

I could see a guard letting Castro know that his evenings will be spent in D block where they store all the mop handles starting this weekend, leaving just enough parachord in reach of the cell bars, and excusing himself for a smoke break...
It COULD happen.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 09-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #28

Liked 1291 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I'm somewhere between these two. I would've liked to see him forced to wait under the weight of his deeds, but other than revenge, I don't see much point in the expense of maintaining him.
A minimum waiting period wouldn't be out of the question. That would prevent a rash decision and while not the intent it would also ensure that a certain amount of suffering was experienced. How about 1 year after request is the earliest a suicide could be officially sanctioned.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Devin556 Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
A minimum waiting period wouldn't be out of the question. That would prevent a rash decision and while not the intent it would also ensure that a certain amount of suffering was experienced. How about 1 year after request is the earliest a suicide could be officially sanctioned.
Not unreasonable.

Alternatively, we could "treadmill" it by allowing those sentenced to "life" or "life +" to continue living as long as their labor in the prison provides for most of their feeding and care? It would leave the ball in their court but provide an incentive for them to save us some money.

Tough call.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Devin556 Likes This 
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #30

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Not unreasonable.

Alternatively, we could "treadmill" it by allowing those sentenced to "life" or "life +" to continue living as long as their labor in the prison provides for most of their feeding and care? It would leave the ball in their court but provide an incentive for them to save us some money.

Tough call.
I could see something like maybe if they don't work, they don't eat. That's how it is for the every day working man that doesn't take a gooberment handout. If I was to up and say I am not gonna work anymore, I would starve to death before to long.