Arcane/Occult FTF Thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Arcane/Occult FTF Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Arcane/Occult FTF Thread

Since we have to be in the end times, and since we have zombies pretty much covered, this is a thread for all the rest of the minions of Hell that we may be overlooking.

For instance, reloading guys, can a bullet be cast in silver?

LEOs, if I shot a Sasquatch on a hunting trip, would it be a homicide, or something for the Game Commision to sort out?

Would those cheesy incendiary shotgun rounds handle creatures that grew to enormous size because of radiation exposure?

Think of this as an X-Files thread for gun enthusiasts.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

LOL - Benning is Back!!!

What about "mutants" in general, super powers or not?!

I mean, if the Toxic Avenger shows up, but doesn't announce his intentions, can I splatter him under The Castle Doctrine??

These are things we must plan for...

JD

Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

A buddy used to pack around a little .38 snubby. He kept it loaded with silver bullets and made a set of grips for it out of a dogwood that he had blessed solely for that purpose.

He was "pretty sure that werewolves and vampires don't exist", but he wasn't taking any chances.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I saw wood AK bullets for sale. I have no clue what their original purpose was, I assume some kind of training round, but it seemed like a natural for vampire invasion.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
For instance, reloading guys, can a bullet be cast in silver?
Yes it can. Just be careful and don't use your wifes good silver.

Quote:
LEOs, if I shot a Sasquatch on a hunting trip, would it be a homicide, or something for the Game Commision to sort out?
Like Jim-bo and Ned said on South Park you just have to yell "it's comin right for us", then shoot it. I would claim attack and shot in self defense.

Quote:
Would those cheesy incendiary shotgun rounds handle creatures that grew to enormous size because of radiation exposure?
I doubt it. But with the right equipment and a little bit of time I am sure I could cook you up a nice superhot HE round for a 12 and 10ga.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok so apparently when a preist blesses water it becomes "Holy" i wonder if the same can be said for gasoline. Can my flamethrower both burn zombies, and send Vampires back to hell?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #7

Likes Given: 2

well they have already said that "if" sasquatch exists, it will be protected...so definetely remember to yell that is is coming right for you! and then be prepared to explained yourself.
as far as vampires, it all depends on what type of vampire, the xfiles proved there were many types. if they were "good" vampires, would you still be able to claim self defense?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Would a silver knife have any sort of edge retention?

Saw one of those old school Hammer horror movies, this vampir hunter steals a steel cross from a cemetary, and forges a gorgeous sword from it. The deal in the movie was vampires can't look at their own reflection, so he had a polished ricasso on the sword.

Holds it up. vampire is stunned, off with the head.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - Benning is Back!!!

What about "mutants" in general, super powers or not?!

I mean, if the Toxic Avenger shows up, but doesn't announce his intentions, can I splatter him under The Castle Doctrine??

These are things we must plan for...

JD
So if it's a mutant with the power of magnetism, and I have steel core surplus, I don't even have to aim, he just draws in some 7.62x54R @$$whoop all on his own.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What about the Duck 'til Dawn Squirt Gun thing??

Holy Water in a Super Soaker?

Or can I just save a priest from doom, have him devote his repayment to me in the form of a mass blessing of a lake near my house, then I can just plug my pressure washer right into the pump house and get a long cord???

What about the stake to the heart?? I mean really, you have to get through the ribcage with a pointy piece of wood?? With your hands, which if they are sleeping, okay. But otherwise you have to have something small enough to fit between the ribs, which might break on you, or large enough not to break, but you need the force to crush the ribs.

That is kind of messy, not to mention it's a one and done deal, now you need a new stake. How many 2" x 2" x 4' long stakes could you carry in a backpack and still be able to fight well on your feet??

Wood bullets for the AK - I like that, but from a weaponsmith standpoint it poses a ton of problems for me. I just can't see that being a long standing option. The lands & grooves would splinter the bullets, not to mention the heat from the powder and the barrel. Soon you are shooting more smoke than any bullets and the bullets become charcoal pellets..... So where does that leave you??

What about those suits dog trainiers wear? I mean, if it will stop by Sheppard's Teeth, won't it stop a vampires or a werewolf?? How about if I combined with some of that lightweight shark stopping chainmail??

Too many questions...