AR-15 at Obama Town Hall - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AR-15 at Obama Town Hall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPond View Post
Good on this guy! It makes me sad to see gun owners here denouncing this guy's decision to exercise his God-given right to bear arms in a 100% legal manner. Stop trying to appease the left. Get it through your heads that they will NEVER be happy with you.
There is a right time for everything.....conversely there is also a WRONG time for everything as well. I am all for open carry, I wish we had it in Texas.

I am all for exercising one's rights. However, sometimes inappropriate behavior (even if it is legal) can detract from advancing the best interests of maintaining those rights.

I am NOT for feeding easy set-ups to the liberal left wing press that make us look like a bunch of loons. BP - I do not ever expect that the Left will ever be happy with my opinions. However, why give them easy opportunities to enhance their own points of view?

To each his own.

TXnorton

Old 08-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm sure the left would've done the same exact thing if it was a bolt action rifle or a shotgun instead.

Regardless of what he carried, the left would have spun it to fit their needs.
I completely disagree. Showing up with a pistol, or even one of my built tac rifles over my shoulder would not have made the headlines "Man brings ASSAULT RIFLE to Town Meeting". The fact is, that guy immediately got singled out because he brought one of the dreaded weapons that everyone on the Left bitches about having NO CIVILIAN USE.

It was a bad choice of weapon. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
There is a right time for everything.....conversely there is also a WRONG time for everything as well. I am all for open carry, I wish we had it in Texas.

I am all for exercising one's rights. However, sometimes inappropriate behavior (even if it is legal) can detract from advancing the best interests of maintaining those rights.

I am NOT for feeding easy set-ups to the liberal left wing press that make us look like a bunch of loons.
Agreed. This was a softball for the Left and they hammered it out of the park with their coverage.....

There is a time and place for everything, even insurrection, this was not the place to show up with that weapon, IMO.

JD