AR-15 at Obama Town Hall - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AR-15 at Obama Town Hall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just imagine how upset the Media would have been if it had been a Barrett 50cal on his shoulder, does the word cannon come to mind?

Layton

Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post

The secret service even said he was no threat.
They may have said that, to make it appear that he was just a minor annoyance and it wasn't an issue.

I can all but guaran-damn-tee you that the boys behind the 7mm Remington Mag Rifles on the rooftops around the scene knew AAALLLLLLLLL about that guy and he was not without a shadow the entire time he was there.

I agree with why he did it. I agree that more people should exercise the Right. I disagree that THIS was the place for THAT weapon.

JD

Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That man had at least two sets of crosshairs on his noggin the WHOLE time he was there, so even if he tried anything, he would be on the ground twitching before anybody would be in any danger.

I see nothing wrong with what he did.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #24

Good on this guy! It makes me sad to see gun owners here denouncing this guy's decision to exercise his God-given right to bear arms in a 100% legal manner. Stop trying to appease the left. Get it through your heads that they will NEVER be happy with you.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
That man had at least two sets of crosshairs on his noggin the WHOLE time he was there, so even if he tried anything, he would be on the ground twitching before anybody would be in any danger.

I didn't say I was against what he did either.

But I do think taking THAT weapon to THAT setting was a firebrand for the Left.

More than it was a rallying cry to the Right.

The man showed guts and he showed very good intelligence in a report that was obviously slanted against him.

I have the utmost respect for that.

However....

You have to admit - the story that came out of that, was that some Right Wing Guy showed up with an Assault Weapon.

There is NO MENTION that nothing happened. The underlying threat is LEFT that something COULD HAVE happened....

You guys have to see that....

Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post

Dang skippy, SGT. Everyone that showed up carrying had spotters on them. Keep in mind that the SS control all situations. Crowd location restrictions are always in place. The crowd outside will rarely even see the POTUS. The caravan may run by them, but the POTUS is inside a fancy tank then. All persons allowed inside had to go thru metal dectors and some pat-downs. The SS will watch all those who show up armed legally, but they are not primary concerns. The ones closest to the POTUS indoors are.

The more the people exercise their rights, the more normal it will be and the lib media will not pay attention to it.

I think they should be announcing the number of unarmed citizens showed.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #27
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I understand the reasoning behind what he did and support it. I think the venue was wrong based on how the press spinned it. That was an expected result, I also expect the SS had him ready to be dropped if he did anything odd.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #28

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
But I do think taking THAT weapon to THAT setting was a firebrand for the Left.
I'm sure the left would've done the same exact thing if it was a bolt action rifle or a shotgun instead.

Regardless of what he carried, the left would have spun it to fit their needs.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #29

I'm all for open carry and a great statement was made. But it did seem to make law enforcements job harder when theyre watching 60 people who could possibly be a threat. All you need is one car back firing and you might get a panic that causes a big problem.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #30

I'm not so sure.

The Guy looked black to me.

I fail to see it as some right wing thing...just as a person not political ties.