Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Apple OS7. Love it or hate it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #41
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3
You need to have 3.1gb free on the device to update or can be done old fashioned through computer and sync.
Reason for that is it has to downloaded it and store it on the device prior to update. once the update happens your free space returns to normal.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #42

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I bundle like apps together to keep my screen better organized and with the new iOS you can have multiple pages inside the bundles.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Reason for that is it has to downloaded it and store it on the device prior to update. once the update happens your free space returns to normal.
Thanks for that!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #44
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2703 Times on 1856 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

I dont get this part. Is your phone too full for a new larger iOS, or ?
Yes my phone is full! I have to jettison some music and photos to get 3 gigs clear to install 7, and you need that space regardless of If you do the direct D/L or sync to a Computer!!

Both my iPhone & iPad mini are 16Gb, while my 5Gen iPod touch is 32Gb,...and thats where most of my Music.Books/Movies resides, and is docked to my iHome Stereo Clock Radio(other then it's dedicated HD on my Master Computer, a 2008 iMac 20" Quad core 2.66Ghz with ram maxxed out for that Machine-6Gb's). I was hoping to replace that this winter with a recent MacMini(the only machine Apple has that runs Firewire, which is what all my external drives(6) have at least 1 FW port..
I also have "Most" of my Music & movies duplicated on the external 1Gb drive on my 2011 Mac Book Pro, which is where I do most of my work now when i'm not on my iPad mini w/Apple wireless keyboard....
My Mac Book Pro also has a cooling fan station, Kensington Trackball mouse, 2 extra USB Hubs of 4 ports each(because thats what we dock all the iOS devices to) and Many USB flash drives(Probably at least a dozen)! I also have 3 Apple TV streaming boxes, one for each TV(except the one in the Kitchen which is hooked to cable but also to the security system) In the House. Master TV is a Sharp Aquos LCD 65", Bedroom TV is a Samsung LED 40"(was my living room TV in NY) and Office TV is a 32" Sony Bravia,...and the Sound system on the Big TV is a Sony 7 Speaker w/DVD-CD, Apple docking station, and extra USB ports(2).
I also have Wi Fi Speakers In MY Back Yard. We have both Cable(basic+ the HS Internet) and DirecTV for the rest of the channels
...and 2 Cable DVR's, 1 TiVo 3, and one DTV Genie...I prob. record 20 NCAA college Football Games per weekend, Plus between Me & The Dearest Wife we record abut 18 shows on TV per week, and some get ripped to DVD..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 09-25-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Yes my phone is full! I have to jettison some music and photos to get 3 gigs clear to install 7, and you need that space regardless of If you do the direct D/L or sync to a Computer!!
My 4s is about a year and a half old and has 23.5Gb available of 28.2Gb capacity.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

My 4s is about a year and a half old and has 23.5Gb available of 28.2Gb capacity.
You have a 32Gb. cool...

You should have enough space. MY phone's Camera doesn't always work for the same reason(low space) because I'm always testing one app or another( I also write about Apple Products, and have been doing so since 1996) for a write up. I wrote for MAc Life Magazine back when it was Mac Addict,. and helped run 2 Apple Users Groups In NYC Until 2008 when I started doing the Football Shows on the Internet, but kept my "hand" in,...now I help run The Sedona Mac Group (Oak Creek Apples)...
My First Apple Portable Device Wasn't an iPhone,..It was the Orig. iPod Shuffle 1Gb(gum stick pack) and then the 1 GB clip ons,...before I got a 2Gen 8Gb iPod touch,..My first iPhone was a 3G, and got the 32Gb iPod touch(5G) for our annv. last year and then got the 4S last Summer...
The wife Wants a 5C & I want the 5S but were waiting for a Holiday promotion...

My Impressions so Far, Of iOS7:
I think it's very smooth, and the Keyboard issue will work itself out. It's better when there is no direct light hitting the screen, and only looks slightly washed out on my iPod, but not an issue on my iPad mini at all.
The Icons are nice, but you can switch back or custom design your own with Icon Builder(.99 in the App Store) or revert back to the iOs 6 look at any time. The Speed increase is minimal on Slower phones(4/4S) but is Stable enough. I decided to take my iPad out to the side of the Mtn. near my house and use the Intelliscope App(free in the store) without the rail mount(which I have, but have to get an extra iPod Touch to use it anyway) just to set some ranges for shooting my Ruger 22/45 & Mossberg 702 "Semi Tactical" Project Gun. The App, IOS 7, and the Guns all performed well! I will prob. Install it on my iPhone over the weekend...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1138 Times on 557 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I just downloaded it and it wiped out all of my apps. I am not happy about this. I do not want to have to go to the app store and re-acquire them. This could be the last upgrade I download.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 656 Times on 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat
I just downloaded it and it wiped out all of my apps. I am not happy about this. I do not want to have to go to the app store and re-acquire them. This could be the last upgrade I download.
Didn't you backup your data before the download like it said to? Don't get mad because you didn't follow directions.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #49
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat
hook it up to the computer and do a restore.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 09-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #50

Quote:
hook it up to the computer and do a restore.
Yup!! Restore ypur Phone From the Last Computer back up(just your APPS!!!) and you should be GTG(good to Go!)

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.