Apple OS7. Love it or hate it. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Apple OS7. Love it or hate it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Being able to delete music without syncing is an awesome upgrade for me. I buy my iTunes music via my phone but try not to keep it on my phone.. I have an iPod for music and an old iPhone for audiobooks.. For whatever reason (in the past) whenever I told iTunes not to sync music(on my phone) some music would stay regardless, I actually had to restore once too(IMO) had built up on my phone to remove it. Not an issue now

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 406 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's too clean and bright for me. I wish they gave me the option to manipulate the color scheme. There are some new functions like airplay mirroring that I love. I haven't tried out the airdrop yet but I can see that being useful at work. I like the pull up menu giving access to some settings and the player. It seems they incorporated a lot of feedback from people that have experience with android systems because it really had a big android like feel. For me the jury is still out in the overall "hate it love it". A few more days of playing and using and I'll either adjust or not, time will tell.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 09-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

For those that don't like it, 6.13 is still pretty robust. BTW Airdrop was on the last OS, and works on ANY device above and including the 4S/iPad 3/4, iPad mini....
I use it all the time, from my iMac to my MacBookPro, and over to our iDevices.
Also if you ALSO have an Apple TV box( I have 3) it works with your box as well.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #14

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

It is ok but they may have hurt them selves in the accessibility department. iOS has been big among blind and visually impaired people do to it was so accessible. Well with the new transparent keyboard that they some how decided was nicer has made it almost impossible for people with low vision to type on it. There are settings to ahistorical contrast that they put in but guess what don't affect the keyboard. There is a built in keyboard that is revere white on black keys built in that pops up when you have to enter password when buying apps. But no way to set that as one to use.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #15

Liked 410 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert121571
It is ok but they may have hurt them selves in the accessibility department. iOS has been big among blind and visually impaired people do to it was so accessible. Well with the new transparent keyboard that they some how decided was nicer has made it almost impossible for people with low vision to type on it. There are settings to ahistorical contrast that they put in but guess what don't affect the keyboard. There is a built in keyboard that is revere white on black keys built in that pops up when you have to enter password when buying apps. But no way to set that as one to use.
You can increase the text size.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert121571
Mostly I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. But I can see that it would be an issue for someone with vision impairment on using the phone. I'm sure someone will build a keyboard app.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #17

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Mostly I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. But I can see that it would be an issue for someone with vision impairment on using the phone. I'm sure someone will build a keyboard app.
That would be cool but that is one thing not in the open API is for people to write a custom keyboard app. Unless you have jailbroken the device.

Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone. Just feel betrayed that it seems that no one took the time this go around to make shore they kept with their standard of being fully accessible. I can manage but I had to warn friends of mine that have bad eyes to wait and not update if they don't have to.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #18

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Voice control.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #19

Liked 344 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I still have IOS 5

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #20

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I just installed it on my iPhone 5 yesterday, so far no complaints. I like what they have done with the camera. I use it to remote in to remote servers when on call and have not got to test that part of it yet so verdict is still out.

Keep calm, carry on