Anyone want some tea? I hear there is going to be a tea party soon...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone want some tea? I hear there is going to be a tea party soon...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone want some tea? I hear there is going to be a tea party soon...

READ AT

http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2008/06/anyone-want-some-teai-heard-theres.html

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Introduced in House by the Democrats)

Is it clear now what the liberal Democreeps want it is not "sensible gun laws", but British-style total gun confiscation and population control?

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This bill is disturbing and has to be stopped.

Take note, however, that it is sponsored by REPUBLICANS not Democrats. Maybe time to reassess some of those party assumptions?

Rep. Mark Kirk [R, IL-10]
and 3 Co-Sponsors
Rep. Michael Castle [R, DE-0]
Rep. Michael Ferguson [R, NJ-7]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R, CT-4]

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h6257/show

Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #3

What does it propose exactly?..........

Old 06-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It is more draconian then the original assault weapons ban. It even goes so far as to ban lever action rifles.
See my signature line for my true feelings.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

It is bizarre that anyone would even bother introducing such a bill. Banning nearly everything is patently unconstitutional. If the DC ban is overturned, such bills like the one introduced will be a waste of time passing. Not to mention the fact that there are quite a few people who would forcefully disobey such laws.

Do these clowns really think that no one would resist? Are they that stupid or arrogant to believe that someone wouldn't try to end their careers permanently? Maybe they think the country would go for it? Maybe they think Americans are somnolent slaves? Perhaps this might just wake the sleeping giant. Take heed, you fools, to the fate of Japan....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I feel the reason for this is in our future,A time for total population control IS on the horizon. Thats the only way the politicians who will screw us over will be able to feel safe.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #7

Tarring and feathering some politicians comes to mind too.

Member GCO