Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone want to help test a firearm inventory app I've developing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #31
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

v0.87 has been released:

* Sort is now persistant
* Trans# field for purchaser on P/S tab fixed
* Fixed issue where Set Secondary backup button wasn't clickable
* Added backup option "Every Startup"
* Sold To name field fixed
* Reports working - A&D report is NOT ATF compliant (nor pretty yet), until I finish the Audit system.
* Finish percentage corrected so it saves
* Various backend fixes

Old 06-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #32
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

v0.87.6 released -- It's a point release because I still have a couple things to finish before 0.90 (like data validation for .CSV imports).

* Selecting Business name sets fields
*Resizable -- not everything works as intended yet with resizing but it's a start!
* Audit system in place -- changing fields required by ATF for A&D reports will create a log entry to be displayed in A&D reports.
* Stats count for firearms now only shows stats for Owned firearms
* Save system - you now need to click Save to save your changes when editing the General tab or the P/S tab data

Old 07-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #33
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

v0.90 Released:

First image added for a firearm gets set as the default image.
Cancel button now switches to View mode for General tab. Yeah, that annoyed me too.
SBR and DD added to NFA items.
Accessories tab
Clear button added to search tab
Left padding reduced in reports
Manuals can be any file type, not just PDF (I.E. HTML, .jpg, etc)
Random backend fixes/tweaks
I got a sun tan as proof I go outside
.CVS Import/Export

Old 07-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #34
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

v0.92 Has been released!

* Fixed Main Image setting Adding new accessory selects the newly added accessory.
* Random backend tweaks
* Fixed Sort by Current Value
* Tabs reordered
* Consignment checkbox functional -- reports/filter do NOT use it yet. For future use
* Stock type added to General Tab view
* Registration system implemented UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION TO ALWAYS HAVE THE APP FREE IN THE FUTURE!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 298 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I would try this and do need to do something about cateloging my collection of guns but it goes against a general principle of mine. I don't like to compile lists of things because it is then too easy for the wife to realize how many guns that I have.

With them all scattered in different places in the house and not all together, she doesn't really know how many I have. Putting them all in a list will make it too easy to count.

I have the same theory when it comes to knives, books and chainsaws. They are never all together at once and it makes it easier to slip a new purchase into the collection.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #36
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I would try this and do need to do something about cateloging my collection of guns but it goes against a general principle of mine. I don't like to compile lists of things because it is then too easy for the wife to realize how many guns that I have.

With them all scattered in different places in the house and not all together, she doesn't really know how many I have. Putting them all in a list will make it too easy to count.

I have the same theory when it comes to knives, books and chainsaws. They are never all together at once and it makes it easier to slip a new purchase into the collection.
I keep thinking I should configure a Wife Mode that will fudge the numbers slightly for you

But have i mentioned that the databases can be encrypted? "Damn, sorry dear, I'd love to let you see the list but I forgot the password or something"

Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #37
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

New release: v0.95 - last version before 1.0 - I decided to wait to let people get the free copies a little longer, so last chance!

* Tweaks to registration system
* Tweaks to how Beta users are detected
* Splashscreen added (still need a good banner graphic though)
* RSS feeds use 10 min timer
* Help menu option changed to point to the Help webpage
* You can add an image for accessories

Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wolfrage,

I downloaded you app and am using it in MAC OS X, I noticed one quirk that importing from a CSV file doesn't seem to work. I also followed your example on how the fields should be done. Probably user error though Once imported it acts as if nothing had been done.

The only small thing I noticed that could be changed, but its really cosmetic is the when enter dollar amounts if you could make it default to adding the .00 cents to the end of whole dollar amounts. The program looks very nice so far and I will continue to run it thru its paces.

Stag1

Endowment Lifetime NRA Member, Certified CCW/Pistol instructor.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them". – Richard Henry Lee 1788

Old 07-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #39
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag1 View Post
Wolfrage,

I downloaded you app and am using it in MAC OS X, I noticed one quirk that importing from a CSV file doesn't seem to work. I also followed your example on how the fields should be done. Probably user error though Once imported it acts as if nothing had been done.
Make sure the data inthe CSV file doesn't have commas in it -- that's been breaking it for some users since there's no way to tell if the comma is a field separator or part of the data, unless the field data is in quotes.

Quote:
The only small thing I noticed that could be changed, but its really cosmetic is the when enter dollar amounts if you could make it default to adding the .00 cents to the end of whole dollar amounts. The program looks very nice so far and I will continue to run it thru its paces.
Hmm, I can see about doing that for input.

Thanks for the feedback -- let me know if it's a comma issue IRT the importing. If not, I can make a test version that can log the attempt and error so we can see what's happening.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrage View Post
Make sure the data inthe CSV file doesn't have commas in it -- that's been breaking it for some users since there's no way to tell if the comma is a field separator or part of the data, unless the field data is in quotes.
I have to deal with that issue every day at work. Our solution, use | delimited files instead of , because | is very rare in our data. However our current reporting tool only outputs to one format and we have a few legacy systems that require , separated. Every try to do a find and replace on 200,000+ rows of data with 30-40 , per row. It doesn't work well

Stag1, if you do remove commas also make sure you don't have double quotes at the start or end of a field, that can cause problems as well.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson