Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone see Fight Science:Special Ops last night?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone see Fight Science:Special Ops last night?

That ex Israeli army dude was badass! The average time for the brain to recognize a threat(not react, but recognize) is about .25 seconds. This guy disarmed and punched an armed assailant in .19 seconds! The Navy SEAL was pretty friggin' tough, too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I haven't seen that episode, but I love that program. The MMA one with Bas Rutten and Randy Couture is on my DVR right now and I have watched, probably, 6 times. It's pretty cool what the human body can be trained to do. I am going to see if this episode recorded and check it out.

It's really an interesting program for those that haven't seen it yet. Definitely worth an hour, or 44 minutes if you fast forward through commercials, of your time.

JD

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #3

The MMA episode came on right after the Special Ops so there's a good chance they'll show the S.O. episode again soon.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sweet. I am going to check the DVR the minute I get home and see if it recorded. The MMA one has been on like a dozen times, so I am sure they will replay it. I think it's a pretty entertaining show actually.

Thanks Bro -

JD

Old 08-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Dude I seen that. The seal was sitting in the ice water for a long time. then got out and performed just as good or better than when he was at a normal body temp.

The Isralie guy was under the heat lamps and running the medics started to worry and made him stop after a while and his body temp was getting real high. Then we got off and did his course faster than when he was normal. That is just flippin hardcore thoes guys can take so much more pain and tollerate so much more than just a regular person.