Anyone remember Hee Haw - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone remember Hee Haw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

I was force fed Hee Haw at an early age , lol. I grew to like it in small doses.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

it was one of the few shows my grandfather liked and i would sit with him an watch as a youngster. great show that brings back memories of my grandfather's laughter.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #13

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Yep, I thought Archie Campbell was gone. Then I saw a picture of Texas Possum on this forum. He seems to alive and well in Ft. Worth.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

i got a few DVDs of Hee Haw shows for when I need a good funny bone yanking

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #15

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I still watch reruns every once in a while on one of the obscure cable channels

Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 158

It was a fun show to watch. I was a Buck Owens fan.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #17

Liked 695 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Default WONDERFUL childhood memories....

Saturday morning started early in my house... You got up around 5 or 5:30 (I still do to this day.. My bride from Long Island NY doesn't understand it.. But that's another thread for another day.) ...You feed and tended the livestock (we had chickens, rabbits and for a while, a goat)... then you came in and had breakfast AS A FAMILY. Daddy would have index cards each with a needed household chore on it... "Pick a card, ANY card!" he would say to me and my 2 brothers. IF you had done that particular chore the week before you got to choose another card or trade with someone (didn't want to burn out on the same work week after week...) Then you went out and got to it... Tending crops (small supplemental gardening... My Daddy was an SBI agent by trade and Momma was a teacher)... Chopping wood, mowing grass and landscaping, washing the cars tractor or truck, etc etc.... Lunch was usually at the local farm supply counter... a fresh hotdog or hamburger, GLASS bottle of soda and either a bag of chips or peanuts... Maybe a Moonpie if you had the $$ from your allowance.... All for $1.25..... If we finished early (and we usually did) we spent the late afternoon fishing our pond, dirt biking or target shooting... then tend the animals again before going inside and washing up for supper (that's Southern Rural for "dinner" the late evening meal). My favorite was Momma's country fried stake with mashed sweet potatos and stringbeans.

After the dishes were done and everything put away we'd settle in and what would be on at 7:00 ???? That's right... Hee Haw !!! I remember going headlong into adolescence and dreaming about chasing those girls though those cornfields!!! ...OH and there was some great music on there too;

Those people became like family to me.... Then we'd watch (when it was on..) the Mary Tyler Moore show.... .followed by the Bob Newhart Show.... and then the Carroll Burnett Show.
Wonderful, wonderful memories. I live in the suburbs now... Daddy is gone as is the family land (sold to developers)... Momma retired to a condo on the NC coast... Brothers moved to follow school, work, their own families' needs.... can't wait for my son to move on to college, military... me & the wife to retire... Then sell this place-on-a-postage stamp and move West to the Mountains. I want a rural existence again and to feel that self-reliance and fresh plowed field smell once more!!! ...and the first thing I'm gonna buy (after a tractor) is every episode of Hee Haw on DVD I can get !!!!

Last edited by NC1760; 07-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Oh ya!!! Loved that show when I was a kid. Every Saturday night mom , dad and other family and friends would play canasta and the kids would terrorize the neighborhood except for the 1 hour Hee Haw was on.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #19

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Watched that show every week, had to my father liked it. Also had to watch Midwestern Hayride.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
Watched that show every week, had to my father liked it. Also had to watch Midwestern Hayride.
Porter Waggoner and Dolly Parton!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

NC1760 Likes This