Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone know any design engineers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
HCG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone know any design engineers?

I am with a search firm that is doing a search for a major sportsing good company (Escalade Sports). They are looking for someone for their Bear Archery division. This person would be responsible for designing compound bows and bow products. They don't necessarily have to have an archery-specific engineering background, but must have a passion for hunting. If you are interested or know of anyone, please PM me for the detailed job spec. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Keep up the good fight!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Uh, 'gello - He isn't one of the pirates. This one is a real post.

HCG, welcome to the FTF Community. It might help if you stopped by the Introduction section and let folks know a little about your company.

We have some talented folks here, but the only Engineer I know of for sure is canebrake. It would take a pretty penny to lure him out of retirement in Florida though.

Best of luck in your search.

JD

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
HCG

Dillinger,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, this is a very real opportunity. We are just trying to get the word out and see what kind of engineering type folk are out there. I will go ahead and post some info in the intro section. Thanks!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Uh, 'gello - He isn't one of the pirates. This one is a real post.
I know; i was voicing support for those working at increasing the likelihood of a bear being killed by an archer in hopes that future archers could help to limit the number of free-ranging bears in this country. If, on the other hand, his client is engaged in the traitorous work of teaching archery to bears, then i wish a plague of bacon-flavored burps on them all.

Assuming it to be the former, Good luck in your search sir!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 10-19-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: where did i put that medication now

Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I know; i was voicing support for those working at increasing the likelihood of a bear being killed by an archer in hopes that future archers could help to limit the number of free-ranging bears in this country. If, on the other hand, his client is engaged in the traitorous work of teaching archery to bears, then i wish a plague of bacon-flavored burps on them all.
Touche'

Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm thinking archery trained bears would make walking in the woods a lot more interesting... Bring it on, I'm growing fat, old and complacent.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
HCG

We are entering the last week before we present our final candidates. Again, if you or anyone you know would be interested in learning more about this great role as a Bow Design Engineer for one of the leading companies in the industry, OR if you know someone who would be able to be a networking source for me, please just drop me a PM. Thanks!