Anyone getting iphone 5? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone getting iphone 5?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

As an iPhone 4s owner, this is how I feel at Apples offer of the iphone5

(shamelessly ripped off from reddit)

iphone.jpg  
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
Dillinger Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
Why would people need extra cables? I'm a bit confused. I need one for charging at home. Every where else the phones connect with Bluetooth. My car stereo, home theater, ear piece. I don't even use iTunes or my pc because of the cloud service. All my music, videos and pretty much everything is accessed on the devices.
Quote:
The iPhone 5 will come with its own lightning cord, but Apple devotees rarely use just one. More problematically, anyone who wants to connect their brand-new iPhone with an older accessory like a speaker system or charging dock will be faced with mismatched connections.
Click the link bro - The information is in the story.
__________________

Last edited by Dillinger; 09-16-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
one_crazy_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07
Here is a video of the mentality and the smarts of iphone users and buyers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rdIWKytq_q4

I had to take my ipad back for warranty and OMG 90% of the people in the apple store were so dumb they could hardly turn on a computer let alone use one.

I like to have functionality of my products. Take my HTPC.

It is running

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
32gb of CORSAIR Vengeance RAM
a 60gb SSD for the OS
OS is W7 Ultimate
HDD's 6 Hitachi GST H3IK40003272SW 4tb drives in a RAID 0 set up.
I have 2 Optical drives.
both LG BD-rom burners
GForce GTX 690 4gb video card takes care of that.

This plays through my Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 6010 1080p and 2 Samsung 65" LED's on either side of the screen. 7.1 surround sound.

With this rig I have been ripping 2 Blu-ray movies converting 2 blu-ray movies and converting my 1tb of music all at the same time and it wasn't even huffing hard.

Can't beat this even with a macpro.
Nice rig, I'm a pc guy my self and enjoy building my(and my friends and family) pc. But I'm more partial to the AMD chip

( please lets not get into AMD and intel are better than each other it's the same argument with iPhone and android we can make another thread for that )

because they are cheaper especially when a friend or customer just can't put out the cash. I build what they can afford and AMD is a good powerful chip on a budget. IMO.

I would like to run a raid 0 setup and never done it. I have an Asus mother board and the settings are easy to understand. Do you have any good sights for me to read up on configuring the hard drives ?

Thanks
__________________
one_crazy_dude is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
one_crazy_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
As an iPhone 4s owner, this is how I feel at Apples offer of the iphone5

(shamelessly ripped off from reddit)
See you have a 4s and I have a 4 as my phone works flawless you got a better camera and other things I don't have. . To me the 5 would be a good upgrade.

I went and bought used android phone ( off eBay but still not cheap ) a pantech burst. Specs are better than my phone but it frustrates me.

It stutters, opens app slow battery life sucks takes forever to charge. Has this micro USB and if Any one has this connection let me know if you have problems with it breaking. The little connector breaks way to easy and I've been through a few different brands from different stores.

Also there are apps I can't find on the android store. I don't play many games at all but have one card game I've been playing for years now and love. I have tried mostly all the card games from the android store but they can't compare to apple apps. It's like going from a play station 3 to Atari games on most of the android card games.

I don't believe I'm an apple fan. I don't have everything apple. Just the phone and I work well together. Please don't hate me
__________________
one_crazy_dude is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
one_crazy_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Click the link bro - The information is in the story.
Yea but like everything else give a little time and cables will be every where and for much cheaper than apple. I mean really I bought many cables at five below including gold plated hdmi that work fine.
__________________
one_crazy_dude is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default

I wont purchase anything with a lowercase "i" in front of it. Have a Mac laptop and love it, but it's Android and BlackBerry mobile devices for me, only. iPhones and iPads are limited, proprietary shateholes for unknowledgable trend followers and victims of over marketing. I've owned them all and Mac is a very good trend setter, but they do so by trampling over and replacing great tech with obsolete concepts.

__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Whenever I am eligible for upgrade I probably will. I have the regular 4.

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yunus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: |,Maryland
Posts: 4,808
Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
See you have a 4s and I have a 4 as my phone works flawless you got a better camera and other things I don't have. . To me the 5 would be a good upgrade.

I went and bought used android phone ( off eBay but still not cheap ) a pantech burst. Specs are better than my phone but it frustrates me.

It stutters, opens app slow battery life sucks takes forever to charge. Has this micro USB and if Any one has this connection let me know if you have problems with it breaking. The little connector breaks way to easy and I've been through a few different brands from different stores.

Also there are apps I can't find on the android store. I don't play many games at all but have one card game I've been playing for years now and love. I have tried mostly all the card games from the android store but they can't compare to apple apps. It's like going from a play station 3 to Atari games on most of the android card games.

I don't believe I'm an apple fan. I don't have everything apple. Just the phone and I work well together. Please don't hate me
I would recommend trying a better brand, specifically Samsung but HTC or Motorola would mostly good as well. One "problem" if you want to call it that for Android phones is the diversity of hardware, Apple ensures that you will get a reasonably high end device if you buy from them, Android does not you can get low end inexpensive to very high end. Comparing Android to Apple is not really fair, Android offers a larger range of products. To fairly compare the 2 platforms you need to compare the currently offered Iphone to a similarly priced offering from a major Android maker, the Samsung Galaxy S lineup is probably the easiest to compare to.

Micro USB is the standard, in fact in Europe it's regulated as the standard even Iphones have to come with an adapter because the EU mandated it's use. I've bought at least 10 cables from Monoprice and they all still work just fine although the connector shroud is a bit "fat" so if you have a hard case it might be problematic to make those cables fit your device, but they are like $.75 each so it's worth the risk IMO.
__________________

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Yunus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
I wont purchase anything with a lowercase "i" in front of it. Have a Mac laptop and love it, but it's Android and BlackBerry mobile devices for me, only. iPhones and iPads are limited, proprietary shateholes for unknowledgable trend followers and victims of over marketing. I've owned them all and Mac is a very good trend setter, but they do so by trampling over and replacing great tech with obsolete concepts.
Lol blackberry is the original trend setter and android is just abysmal

I'm NOT an apple fan, I agree with you that they're over priced and not really worth it... But I've has a phone from all three platforms and I still like my iPhone better than anything else (especially better than my droid x or droid razr)
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TankTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,159
Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Lol blackberry is the original trend setter and android is just abysmal

I'm NOT an apple fan, I agree with you that they're over priced and not really worth it... But I've has a phone from all three platforms and I still like my iPhone better than anything else (especially better than my droid x or droid razr)
Actually Palm was the original trend setter. I had a Palm Pre, it outperformed even the 4. Palm ran out of money and HP murdered it. That was a phone that worked the way a phone should (hardware kinda sucked a little, licensing would have fixed that).

Apple does not innovate anymore, they just make very good use of older technology and put it in a pretty package, then give it a UI that the technologically inept can easily use. Simplicity for the masses.

Android is constantly innovating and improving the hardware, which is half the problem. The good thing is that processing power will soon negate most of these issues. Anyway, if you want to be at the cutting edge there will definitely be a couple speed bumps along the way. Me, I'm just waiting for Ubuntu :-P
__________________
TankTop is offline  
Overkill0084 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone Sand_Squid The Club House 18 06-29-2012 11:10 PM
iPhone 4S or another gun? paulbrower The Club House 29 10-14-2011 04:28 PM