Anyone getting iphone 5? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anyone getting iphone 5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Cool. I was just wondering the opinion from a customer. I don't have a Samsung anything, so I was just wondering if it was a concern. Clearly that is not the case.

*written from my Macbook Pro*

JD

Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #42

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
I suppose all of you that don't like apple for any apparent reason is probably the same way I feel about glocks.
1. Apple products are over priced and under powered.
2. Samsung, HTC, Moto, and LG all have bigger screens. Samsung has a bigger screen and just as good pixal dinsity.
3. You are tied to iTunes for everything.
4. You can only do what you are allowed to do by Apple.
5. If you jailbreak it 75% of your apps stop working (I know I jail broke my iPad).
6. Apple requires you to buy skinny jeans and an ascot when you give up your testicles to your over priced under powered phone.
7. Apple wants you to do as your told.

It is funny my HTC Desire HD has longer battery life, better call quality and a camera that is just as good. It comes with an all aluminum case that I replaced myself when I broke the volume rocker. With a quick flip of a cover and I can take mine from 16gb to 64gb of storage. I am running a custom ICS ROM on it. My favorite ROM for my phone is CyanogenMod 7 waiting on 9 (ICS Based). I can download apps from the google play store, amazon, or anywhere I want.

I can set my phone up to look how ever I want it. If I want widgets on my home screen that is what I get. If I want nothing but icons I can have that. Can you have a clock, weather and your email right on your home screen on your iCrap 5? NO because Apple says you don't need it.

Adding music is so easy it is funny. I chose what music I want and drag it to my music folder on my MSD card and drop it. That's it no itunes, no clunky software to use. If I want to I can upload over 50k songs to google play and stream them on any android device my PC a mac a linux box.

The new samsung GIII comes with the same cameras as the iphone 4, 4s, 5 bigger screen with only slightly less PPI.

The worst thing about Apple is that they steal from other manufactures and then sue them when they make a tablet that looks like a tablet.

Oh you want the new icrap 5 you now have to pay apple $30 for an adapter to use any of your other icrapple chargers. My phone uses the same charger as just about every other android based phone out there. How does that feel? Want to transfer photos via SD card $30 adapter. Every adapter for icrapple is $30. I can show what is on my tablet on a tv for $3 for a miniHDMI to HDMI cable.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07

1. Apple products are over priced and under powered.
2. Samsung, HTC, Moto, and LG all have bigger screens. Samsung has a bigger screen and just as good pixal dinsity.
3. You are tied to iTunes for everything.
4. You can only do what you are allowed to do by Apple.
5. If you jailbreak it 75% of your apps stop working (I know I jail broke my iPad).
6. Apple requires you to buy skinny jeans and an ascot when you give up your testicles to your over priced under powered phone.
7. Apple wants you to do as your told.

It is funny my HTC Desire HD has longer battery life, better call quality and a camera that is just as good. It comes with an all aluminum case that I replaced myself when I broke the volume rocker. With a quick flip of a cover and I can take mine from 16gb to 64gb of storage. I am running a custom ICS ROM on it. My favorite ROM for my phone is CyanogenMod 7 waiting on 9 (ICS Based). I can download apps from the google play store, amazon, or anywhere I want.

I can set my phone up to look how ever I want it. If I want widgets on my home screen that is what I get. If I want nothing but icons I can have that. Can you have a clock, weather and your email right on your home screen on your iCrap 5? NO because Apple says you don't need it.

Adding music is so easy it is funny. I chose what music I want and drag it to my music folder on my MSD card and drop it. That's it no itunes, no clunky software to use. If I want to I can upload over 50k songs to google play and stream them on any android device my PC a mac a linux box.

The new samsung GIII comes with the same cameras as the iphone 4, 4s, 5 bigger screen with only slightly less PPI.

The worst thing about Apple is that they steal from other manufactures and then sue them when they make a tablet that looks like a tablet.

Oh you want the new icrap 5 you now have to pay apple $30 for an adapter to use any of your other icrapple chargers. My phone uses the same charger as just about every other android based phone out there. How does that feel? Want to transfer photos via SD card $30 adapter. Every adapter for icrapple is $30. I can show what is on my tablet on a tv for $3 for a miniHDMI to HDMI cable.
Wow did apple sue you also?
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #44

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Gunut07 I understand how you feel about iTunes and apple( I hate iTunes windows media all the way) changing the charging cable but when I stopped and thought about it change is all around all the time.

Example: bought my first HDTV years ago. Needed a new wire with with 3 cables red green blue rca's. Then the new hd hook ups came out that was white rectangle with pins. Crap had to buy new wires. Now is hdmi now I needed a new wire new video cards in my computers. Should we stop buying tvs and computers now because of change. Now there is a mini hdmi WTF.

I'm also pissed about my Sony point and shoot camera. Uses a mini USB( not micro ) and the Sony DSLR camera I bought uses a Sony only cable ( more cables to buy ) now let's stop buying cameras and say how bad these company's are.

My favorite is cars. What happened to rear wheel drive front mounted engines. Easy to work on but now are these side mounted really cramped engine compartments with this front wheel drive crap. Let's not buy cars any more. How dare them.

I miss my 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, DVDs, blue ray really got to buy all my movies again to watch in hd for blue ray.

Change is every where all the time. In the past we adjusted and bought more cables. eBay will always have them cheaper

As far as the phone goes some people must like it because it out sells all other phones and the pre orders for iPhone 5 sold out in an hour. Can we say popular?

Last edited by one_crazy_dude; 09-16-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Sold out in an hour.. yes they are popular. Thats what Apple do every year, not enough supply to fill the demand. I think people just buying the name..

Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #46

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Sold out in an hour.. yes they are popular. Thats what Apple do every year, not enough supply to fill the demand. I think people just buying the name..
Yea i guess you could be right. But out of all the phones I've played with the iPhone is the one I feel comfortable with. Not the name, not because my friends have one. Just because it works well with me.

I do have an android phone also but I get so frustrated with it. I'm also waiting for the new soft ware download from AT&T as it is on the older firmware. I here 4.0 is better.

Anyone getting iphone 5? - The Club House

Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #47

Here is a video of the mentality and the smarts of iphone users and buyers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rdIWKytq_q4

I had to take my ipad back for warranty and OMG 90% of the people in the apple store were so dumb they could hardly turn on a computer let alone use one.

I like to have functionality of my products. Take my HTPC.

It is running

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
32gb of CORSAIR Vengeance RAM
a 60gb SSD for the OS
OS is W7 Ultimate
HDD's 6 Hitachi GST H3IK40003272SW 4tb drives in a RAID 0 set up.
I have 2 Optical drives.
both LG BD-rom burners
GForce GTX 690 4gb video card takes care of that.

This plays through my Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 6010 1080p and 2 Samsung 65" LED's on either side of the screen. 7.1 surround sound.

With this rig I have been ripping 2 Blu-ray movies converting 2 blu-ray movies and converting my 1tb of music all at the same time and it wasn't even huffing hard.

Can't beat this even with a macpro.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
Yea i guess you could be right. But out of all the phones I've played with the iPhone is the one I feel comfortable with. Not the name, not because my friends have one. Just because it works well with me.

I do have an android phone also but I get so frustrated with it. I'm also waiting for the new soft ware download from AT&T as it is on the older firmware. I here 4.0 is better.

Anyone getting iphone 5? - The Club House
Why wait cyanogenmod.com more than likely has a ROM for it already. http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

root it and flash one of the stable ROMs from that site. You will be so much happier.

the worst part about android is all the bloatware the phone companies put on it. When I flashed mine it made my batter life jump by 3x or 4x.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #49

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I did read that the new iPhone 5 uses a smaller charging interface cable.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/technology/apple-lightning-adapter-price-tag/index.html

The estimate is that companies that make new home and on the go charging/interface cables will make as much as $100 Million before the end of the year based on this new launch.

Now that is criminal in my mind.

JD

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #50

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
I did read that the new iPhone 5 uses a smaller charging interface cable.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/technology/apple-lightning-adapter-price-tag/index.html

The estimate is that companies that make new home and on the go charging/interface cables will make as much as $100 Million before the end of the year based on this new launch.

Now that is criminal in my mind.

JD
Why would people need extra cables? I'm a bit confused. I need one for charging at home. Every where else the phones connect with Bluetooth. My car stereo, home theater, ear piece. I don't even use iTunes or my pc because of the cloud service. All my music, videos and pretty much everything is accessed on the devices.

I'm more upset that I need to buy this mini hdmi cable for my new camera to view hd photos on my tv.