Anyone getting iphone 5? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone getting iphone 5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

Yeah i at Least have a LTE android so i can buy at the non discount price or used and keep my plan. you will be stuck to 3g if you want to stay unlimited. Its BS.
I have to agree. It is bad business what AT&T and Verizon has done to the Internet plan. And the way they have forced those with unlimited out of there plans, WTF

My friend has Verizon and in another year if you are grand fathered in the unlimited Internet to up grade a phone HE will loose the unlimited un less he buys the phone in full no discounted price.

I am I guess one of the lucky ones on att because I still grand fathered in with unimited and as long as I keep my plan I can still update my phone and stay in limited. But to be honest I have never gone over 3 gigs with these phones. And I use them a lot for streaming music, Facebook and streaming music.

I know it won't last forever so I'm going to take advantage with what I got and I pre ordered the ip5(glad I did they sold out in an hour), will give my ip4 to the wife cause she has an android phone and hates it mainly because half the apps she uses on my phone is not on the android market.

For those that say I won't give into apple because I got to buy a new charger or bs like that. Every time I have bought a new phone other than iPhone ive needed to buy new cables, cases, belt holsters, especially when going from motorola to htc and even from an htc to htc when they changed from mini USB to micro. Non have a matching cable where I can use from phone to phone.
Even cameras are doing it. I have a Sony point and shoot with mini USB(was standard on all cameras at one time) to a SLR and the cables are so different. Now I should boycott Sony?

So excited and can't wait to receive my new phone.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #32

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

How much is the full price of the iphone 5?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #33

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
How much is the full price of the iphone 5?
I believe its 699 for the least expensive version. give it 6 months and you will find a used one for half that price.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #34

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

I suppose all of you that don't like apple for any apparent reason is probably the same way I feel about glocks.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #35

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56
I suppose all of you that don't like apple for any apparent reason is probably the same way I feel about glocks.
I don't like that changing the battery void the warranty or that you MUST use ITunes for many functions. Also you are limited on many settings without jailbreaking, same with the app store.

I dislike Apple because i want a device that is mine to customize not Apples to tell me how it should be used.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 218 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Left iPhone and At&t 2 years ago. Been using Android on Sprint and recently just got Samsung Galaxy S3. Plus i got 25% off my family plan. Happy enough.
Wifey using the 4S and she's quite happy. About the 5 in my opinion... my Galaxy S3 beats it.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #37

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
my Galaxy S3 beats it.
Any concerns over the $1 Billion dollar lawsuit they just lost to Apple? Support might become interesting given the fact they lost a lot of their "rights" concerning US Smartphones.

They got slapped down pretty hard.

JD

Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #38

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Any concerns over the $1 Billion dollar lawsuit they just lost to Apple? Support might become interesting given the fact they lost a lot of their "rights" concerning US Smartphones.

They got slapped down pretty hard.

JD
What was the lawsuit about?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #39

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
What was the lawsuit about?
Serious patent infringement. Apple basically has their boot all over the throat of companies like Samsung in the hand held smart phone technology and they just proved it in court, being awarded $1 Billion dollars and some restrictions on what and how Samsung can bring similar products to market here in the states.

Quote:
As part of its lawsuit, Apple also demanded that Samsung pull its most popular cellphones and computer tablets from the U.S. market. A judge was expected to make that ruling at a later time.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/24/jury-reaches-verdict-in-apple-vs-samsung-case/

Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 218 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Apple just love lawsuits.. they tried to ban Samsung here and there all over the world. Ironically Apple buys Samsung components and put into their products. I personally don't care who copied who. I'm just happy as a customer to have products choices and spend on whichever the best for me. I was an iPhone user and i felt like Apple limited it's capabilities.
Everytime Apple release new iPhone, they just add a few improvements, which Android put into their phones way long time ahead.

Lost $1 Billion to Apple, Samsung still has another $6.2 Billion from the sales of S3.
http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/09/09/samsung-tipped-post-record-q3-profits-6-2-billion-driven-galaxy-s3-sales/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheNextWeb+%28The+Next+Web+All+Stories%2 9

Even an Apple co founder hates the patent wars and admires Galaxy S3 camera.
http://www.androidpit.com/apple-co-founder-hates-patent-dispute-loves-galaxy-s3

I love Apple products as i own their iMac and MBP. I admit i can't live without them and won't ever go back to Windows.
And bottomline is.. we are the customers, good to have choices and it's your money and your call. They are just phones..