Anyone getting iphone 5? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone getting iphone 5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Nope. Not buying into apples money trap ever again. The iphone5 is still underpowered compared to other phones that have been out for years now. Ill just sit back and watch apple control the others. I fell into that trap before and dug myself out. Never again. Next year will be the iPhone 5s just watch

spit hell fire

Old 09-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Absolutely. I will get the 5 and hand down my 4s to my daughter. One of us are sure for an upgrade so it won't cost too much. And now that the 4s is only a c note I know my wife will want to swap her android out as well.

Freakin technology!!!

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #23

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have heard that if you have a different phone "other than an iphone" that even if its not your time for eligle upgrade, you can still upgrade to an iphone at a semi discounted price. Is this true?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #24

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The "new" phone also needs a new charger (at $40 or so) because the "old" charger doesn't work on it. I heard something about speakers but didn't really pay attention because I don't really give 2 s**ts about Apple or its bloated-price overachiever garbage. Never owned a cell phone until just recently and it's a Droid. I don't use ¾ of the crap that's on it and never will. It usually sits on my desk dead because I forget to put it on the charger. I don't text and didn't get that option on my calling plan. I don't download s**t or use the phone for internet access. That's why I have a computer......

Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I have heard that if you have a different phone "other than an iphone" that even if its not your time for eligle upgrade, you can still upgrade to an iphone at a semi discounted price. Is this true?
Depending on the carrier you can "buy" an early upgrade. They don't care they just want you to stay with them and buy more hardware and get higher and higher costing plans.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #26

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon
The "new" phone also needs a new charger (at $40 or so) because the "old" charger doesn't work on it. I heard something about speakers but didn't really pay attention because I don't really give 2 s**ts about Apple or its bloated-price overachiever garbage. Never owned a cell phone until just recently and it's a Droid. I don't use ¾ of the crap that's on it and never will. It usually sits on my desk dead because I forget to put it on the charger. I don't text and didn't get that option on my calling plan. I don't download s**t or use the phone for internet access. That's why I have a computer......
The "new" phone comes with the charger. That's standard with modern cell phones. Why were you listening to it if you didn't give II sh!ts about it?

And how are the prices "bloated-price overachiever garbage"?

The price is lower than many phones on the market. How is it "overachiever" if it's better than any other phone company on the market? And how can you call a multi-billion dollar company garbage?

Read back what your wrote. Especially the part about never owning a cell phone until you recently purchased a droid and that you don't even use it.

Have some knowledge before you try and bash a company.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 361 Posts

Next thing you know you will all be sacrificing a goat to Jobs. Good luck with joining the crapple cult! You can't change the trigger or spring, stuck with a factory grip. You are relegated to the Apple approved software only. :-P

Old 09-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1915 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3905

I will stay with my tracfone. I make an estimated 1 to 5 calls a week on it. Mostly, it is my alarm clock.

I am not into the contract phone, since 2002 when my contract expired and was stationed in Germany. Plus up (Pay as you go) phones were the way to go.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #29

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Be careful. I'm Verizon, and I pay $29.99 for unlimited web/data. As long as I keep my 4, I get to keep the unlimited plan. If I switch, I lose it; unlimited data plans are no longer offered. I'm keepin' my 4 as long as that remains true.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #30

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18
Be careful. I'm Verizon, and I pay $29.99 for unlimited web/data. As long as I keep my 4, I get to keep the unlimited plan. If I switch, I lose it; unlimited data plans are no longer offered. I'm keepin' my 4 as long as that remains true.
Yeah i at Least have a LTE android so i can buy at the non discount price or used and keep my plan. you will be stuck to 3g if you want to stay unlimited. Its BS.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson