Anyone getting iphone 5? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anyone getting iphone 5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

I have the 3Gs and the battery is shot on it. The only way it functions is if it plugged in. So looks like I'll be upgrading. Don't know what I'll up grade to yet 4Gs or the 5.
I still have the unlimited data plan.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
At first reading online I was thinking no big wow factor I'm not getting it. But after watching the keynote last night with my son it looks to be a good upgrade from my iPhone 4. Anyone else play with these lil hand held toys? Are you as excited as I?
A phone is a phone is a phone. I'd sooner go to the phone booth on an urban corner than stand in a line that stretches 'round the block five times over.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #103

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

A phone is a phone is a phone. I'd sooner go to the phone booth on an urban corner than stand in a line that stretches 'round the block five times over.
Phone booth? What's that? Haven't seen anything like that in years

These devices are not just phones any more. To me there more like entertainment centers where I can watch a movie, pay a bill and email my boss an invite to dinner.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #104

Liked 3259 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 433

This might not be fair to iPhone users in general, but it's funny nonetheless:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-interview-with-an-iphone-5-buyer-thats-so-incredible-youll-think-its-staged/

Quote:
Let‘s start this article off by saying the man behind the interview you’re about to see swears it’s not staged. That’s important.

Why is that important? Because the interview is so incredible you’ll think it was. How is it incredible? Let‘s just say it’s not evident if the woman seen waiting in line recently outside a NYC Apple store really understands what she’s doing, why she’s doing it, and what exactly an iPhone is — let alone what the Internet is. But alas, the video below picks up as a woman named “Rachel” has been waiting for two days to buy an iPhone 5. By the end of the conversation we know she doesn’t like the Internet, she begins calling the phone an “Apple 5,” and that she’s not afraid to put a lot of money on her credit card.
http://youtu.be/BMsLArefSOw
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #105

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

What the Hell is an iphone5? I still use and rotary dial phone

Old 09-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #106

Liked 906 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have an iphone 4S for work and got rid of the BlackBerry two weeks ago for another 4S for my personal phone.
I don't care what they do to the new one, the old one works just as well, costs less, will do more than I'll need it for, and I get chargers and carrying cases from work for free.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #107

Liked 1431 Times on 847 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww
What the Hell is an iphone5? I still use and rotary dial phone
There's an app for that.

The Iphone is a device that tells the world you are hip trendy and with it. It can also be used as a phone I think.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #108
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
There's an app for that.

The Iphone is a device that tells the world you are hip trendy and with it. It can also be used as a phone I think.
Do you need the app if you are trending towards a hip replacement?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #109

Liked 93 Times on 67 Posts

Just because apple makes their product look sophisticated doesn't mean that the users all are. Get the stereotype out of your head. Look around at who actually uses them, friends and family.

I'm a cnc lathe operator at a tool and die shop, my girlfriend is a medical assistant, my friend is a stoner, my friend is an engineer, my friend is a masonry worker. How are we all hip and trendy? Get your facts straight before stereotyping everything you see.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #110

Liked 1431 Times on 847 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Just because apple makes their product look sophisticated doesn't mean that the users all are. Get the stereotype out of your head. Look around at who actually uses them, friends and family.

I'm a cnc lathe operator at a tool and die shop, my girlfriend is a medical assistant, my friend is a stoner, my friend is an engineer, my friend is a masonry worker. How are we all hip and trendy? Get your facts straight before stereotyping everything you see.
I was being sarcastic. However Apple is known as a lifestyle brand.