Anyone a Freemason? - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone a Freemason?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6415 Times on 3206 Posts
Likes Given: 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I spent quite a few years in the Boy Scouts. Got Eagle Scout. They are unsupportive of gays, correct. Teach boys how to be good citizens, yes. Religious fanatics, not really. Secretive, no. Teach boys how to be good husbands and fathers, no.

I rest my case.
My response was half satire but mostly our local BSA was a very good org. Sad that those who never supported them prior have been given the power to recreate the org in their likeness...

Old 08-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1045 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 683

Quote:
Sad that those who never supported them prior have been given the power to recreate the org in their likeness...
Could you elaborate? Not sure what you mean. My problem with the BS, and why I got out, is that they changed at some point. We became babysitters for parents who didn't want to deal with their problem children. Now, that's not necessarily a national BS problem, just our troop, but there were also other changes being made that I didn't like. Mind you, I had grown up there, and had gone from being a boy in the troop, to one of the adult leaders.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.