Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is anyone finding junk silver anymore?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Is anyone finding junk silver anymore?

As the title suggests, I'm asking if anyone is still looking for junk silver in their circulating change and, if so, are you having any success - or has that well been tapped out?
FYI, I don't mean if anyone is buying junk silver from shops, and I'm also not talking about bars, new bullion, or collectible (numismatic) coins. Just the common junk!

Canadian coins commonly stopped carrying silver in the late 60's so we're looking at 50 + years of circulation and hoarding, and government removal. I assume that it's about the same in the US.

I look for coins in my change, but I rarely find anything - and even less recently. I've picked up a handful of dimes, a couple of quarters, and I have one dollar from back when I was a kid. It seems like there's not much left for finding anymore though.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here