Anyone ever get burnt out on the whole gun thing? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone ever get burnt out on the whole gun thing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Well, I actually am unemployed at the moment. I was sure I would be back to work by now, but its tough. I think that you could be right. I've been out of work since the fall and it may be taking its toll.
I'm sure it is. Keep your network of friends tight, and try to keep doing the things you know you love. Don't make it into a chore. See a doctor and get some help if you need it and you think it may be depression.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Thanks guys, I don't think its serious, just frustration and boredom.

I also have one of those friends that can only be tolerated in moderation, he's obsessed with guns and thats 75% of what he talks about. He's also unemployed so he's driving me nuts, lol. That could also be adding to it.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #13

I had to put them down for a bit. I went to an indoor range about six weeks ago a wasn't feeling well, and the smoke and fumes made me worse. I got a horrible cough, body aches, fever and chills. It turned out that I had pneumonia which I have since kicked. Well I can't get over how bad I felt after shooting and have lost my trill for shooting a bit.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like you need to go in for a check up. Not wanting to shoot must mean something is wrong.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I often get very enthusiastic about things then it ebbs. I don't let it bother me and don't let it bother you. Those guns will sit there and wait for you. I wouldn't worry about it. You don't have to think, live and breathe your guns to appreciate them and like them.
I think you just summed up your name Winds Of Change!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #16

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I am not as excited about shooting as I used to be because of all the Rambo wannabes that keep showing up at the range and other shooting areas. I really enjoy shooting and actually find it to be relaxing. I am interested in improving my marksmanship and the wannabes seem intent on trying to show it is all about firepower, not accuracy. Many of them somehow have the belief that wearing camouflage will make them shoot better and be more formidable warriors. I like to do rapid fire shooting also, but I try to make each shot count. I love shooting my match M1A but I don't just spray bullets. I am more interested in hitting targets 100 yards away or more. I am getting tired of these guys drinking beer while they shoot then using the empty cans and bottles for targets. This doesn't happen at the range but I have seen it out in the dessert, where they are trashing the whole area. They give gun owners a bad name.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
Thanks guys, I don't think its serious, just frustration and boredom.

I also have one of those friends that can only be tolerated in moderation, he's obsessed with guns and thats 75% of what he talks about. He's also unemployed so he's driving me nuts, lol. That could also be adding to it.
I got a buddy like that. He always liked guns, but now he wants to be a cop and goes around open carrying all the time. Wonders why I don't. Doesn't understand that I DON'T WANT ATTENTION!

I wouldn't say I get burned out, but I hardly touch a gun from about March to October. Even then it's not that I really want to go shoot, that just when then hunts are. I get so busy in the summer breaking horses and running cows and hauling hay and what all else I just don't have time. Once in a while I'll grab my rifle and try to shoot, but more often than not when I get a chance to get up to the mountains and relax I forget taking a gun.

But every year about November I start to get into it again. Try to go rabbit hunting and trying to improve my long range rig. Got out to 600 yards so far.

So ya, kinda burned out, kinda forget about it. But it's like riding a bike. You never totally forget.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #18

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Make haste to the nearest Emergency Room, you are deathly ill.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This whole thread
is Blasphemy.
Burnt out never, too
many things to shoot
and fun to have.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #20

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Due to my other hobbies I never really get burned out. In the winter I shoot a lot more because in the summer I am fishing. I still shoot in the summer, just not as much.