Anyone ever get burnt out on the whole gun thing?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone ever get burnt out on the whole gun thing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Default Anyone ever get burnt out on the whole gun thing?

Just feel like putting them in the safe and not even looking at them for a few months.

Not sure if its too much exposure or what, but I don't enjoy them like I use to.

Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Burnt out on guns, no. Burnt out on other things that I enjoy, yes. Taking a 2-4 week break every once in a while can somethimes be a good thing. I'd give them a rest for a couple weeks then take them back out and see how you feel then. If you still feel like you need a break, give them a rest for a little bit longer.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm not tired of guns, but I stopped buying parts and building, and that put me in the dumps a bit. Then I went on my first hog hunt, wow, picked me right up. Now I'm constantly looking for the opportunity to hunt hogs.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8527 Times on 5093 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

I often get very enthusiastic about things then it ebbs. I don't let it bother me and don't let it bother you. Those guns will sit there and wait for you. I wouldn't worry about it. You don't have to think, live and breathe your guns to appreciate them and like them.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I got on the slight side of boredom with guns when I got out of the military. I did not shoot or own a gun for 25 years. I actually wanted to get as far away from guns as I could. Then 911 shifted a change and I was dumped into the security industry where guns were part of the job.

Within a month of being around the most ignorant and novice gun totters I could ever imagine, I was required to get a CCW to continue my employment. I had to buy a gun and carry it to keep my job. It seemed the thrill of guns was returning. I knew more about guns than any twenty of those idiots. To keep the thrill at its highest level I began purchasing a lot of guns.

Over time, and to maintain the thrill, I decided to get rid of all my mixed brand guns and focus on one brand. I now have a family of firearms; the family is Hi-Point. I have been able to keep interest in firearms by associating with one brand. I now own every handgun manufactured by Hi-Point.

What makes this adventure even more exciting is the tremendous support I get from Hi-Point. Hi-Point cares about my new guns just as much as I care about their guns. And, because of that tiny fact, I was able to keep the thrill of guns from dying.

Last edited by Ranger-6; 02-27-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #6

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I put my guns away in the spring for a few months...Maybe only shoot once a month or so...Then I get the Trigger-Finger Blue's and have to go shooting again...It's good to stay sharp and shoot-targets year around....The bad-guys don't give you a second chance.....

Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8527 Times on 5093 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I now own every handgun manufactured by Hi-Point.
Holy cow!.....

Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Sometimes I have to step away because only focusing on one thing gets boring, but then I come right back (usually within a week) and I have a new found excitement about them. If I ever get to bored, I start looking at my next purchase. The search for a new gun always excites me, and even if you don't get one, you gain more knowledge and more enthusiasm for guns, or whatever your hobby is.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Losing interest in something you enjoy is usauly a sighn of depression and maybe you should look deeper into why you have lost interest. I have did this myself before and just lost a interest in about every thing when I was unemployed.I suggest you let them sit a while like others have said and ask your self what you are interested in right now and if the answer is not much then your not burnt out on your guns just to dpressed to enjoy them.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #10

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
Losing interest in something you enjoy is usauly a sighn of depression and maybe you should look deeper into why you have lost interest. I have did this myself before and just lost a interest in about every thing when I was unemployed.I suggest you let them sit a while like others have said and ask your self what you are interested in right now and if the answer is not much then your not burnt out on your guns just to dpressed to enjoy them.

Well, I actually am unemployed at the moment. I was sure I would be back to work by now, but its tough. I think that you could be right. I've been out of work since the fall and it may be taking its toll.