Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3271 Times on 2251 Posts
Likes Given: 1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My brother is 36 years old and very girly. My mom has babied him and my other brother. The 36 year old would not be able to change a spark plug. My son is 15. He has been on the roof with me working on the swamp cooler. He has been under the Jeep we are building helping me bolt in the seats. He has walked through the woods with a 30-06 looking for an elk. (We never found any.) I am trying to help him "man up". I want him to be valuable to a good woman some day. I think girly men end up with the woman they deserve. My 36 year old brother is a perfect example. He was married. She pushed him around like he was a child. He had to get permission to do anything. He finally ran to my mom when he had to leave her. Embarrassing to have him for a brother.
just one comment, nothing is wrong with permissions. It's the only way to get along as equals. Even when I know I don't need one, I ask out of respect. She reciprocates. I am sure there were more serious issues.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #32

Liked 36 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You are right-on. It appears that real men are starting to disappear. I don't know when it started, but I feel strongly that it's connected to Hollywood and television. The promotion of homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle (barf!) is a big part of it. I even think Obama- lovers are a part of it. Before Obama, our presidents were all the perfect example of real men. Now, we have a girlie-boy for a president and there's some people who will follow his sad example. Remember him throwing out the first pitch? What a wus!

Old 12-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #33

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

My grandmother.. My moms mom.

http://baumbach.com/History/lillian.htm

I've never had an issue and will never take issue with people pursuing what they want in life.

Life is hard, most of us are not dealt an easy one.
We've all had to do things we are not equipped to do or 'meant' to do as some say, but if you lived through it, you're better because of it.

Guys who can't change a tire? So, all that does is create an opportunity for someone who can to earn a living doing so.
Ppl aren't learning or teaching because of several things that have been touched on already, parents, schools etc and I'll add that we are more successful(monetarily) as well and can afford to pay to have things done.

Me.. Well, I fix my **** if I can and will teach my daughter the same.. My wife? She can't change oil but if she has flat she can handle it and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Pop told me once, 'if you can't pick a motorcycle up off the ground, you've no business on it', and I say if you can't change a flat, you've no business in a car, man or woman. It's that simple.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #34

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

@rjleal Im not sure how to reply directly on mobile but im 5' 10" 170lbs maybe a bit more and Ive been lifting every day for the past 2 months and im only 15 lol I cant believe they let people like that work at that store. I wouldn't hire anyone lazy like that.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
eatmydust Likes This 
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #35
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8151 Times on 4876 Posts
Likes Given: 10523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
just one comment, nothing is wrong with permissions. It's the only way to get along as equals. Even when I know I don't need one, I ask out of respect. She reciprocates. I am sure there were more serious issues.
Communication is the key to a good relationship. Being polite and considerate is never a bad thing.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 174

I think a lot depends on what you would call a " Real Man or Woman ",, the perception has changed much in the last 40 to 50 years in my opinion. The erosion of the traditional family, more " modern " social attributes, an education system that seems to lend itself to too much individuality versus teaching everyone basic educational skills, to a myriad of other possibilities lends to this situation. A co-worker's son graduated Marine Corps Recruit Training not long ago and I tried to relate some of my experiences on Parris Island with him and his description of their training was very different indeed from my experiences roughly 40 years ago. To me their is nothing wrong with a man who is polite and sensitive, but I also feel he must have a sense of duty and strength to support his hearth and home. I too have been a single parent and those who do this know what being frugal is and how to stretch your limits,, a mother figure was definitely needed, but at the time, it did not happen. I can only contemplate how hard it can be for a woman who gets no support from their ex,, money is one thing,, being a father is another, I was not the best by any means and I am still not, but they do know I am there. Being a man does not mean super macho to me,, but having the capabilities to be what one must at the time, I think the ability to adapt, or lack thereof,, is a big issue. Modern society today is far more complex,, much from our own doing, and what was black and white when I was a kid, is awfully gray today.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #37

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Does it get on anyone else's nerves when guys wear skin tight jeans?
A hipster I ran into at a chinese buffet was wearing skinny jeans and a fitted shirt. He mentioned to me that I should wear tighter clothing to show off my "bod".

Please. Nobody wants to see all this.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #38
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7481 Times on 3814 Posts
Likes Given: 8367

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
My grandmother.. My moms mom.

http://baumbach.com/History/lillian.htm

I've never had an issue and will never take issue with people pursuing what they want in life.

Life is hard, most of us are not dealt an easy one.
We've all had to do things we are not equipped to do or 'meant' to do as some say, but if you lived through it, you're better because of it.

Guys who can't change a tire? So, all that does is create an opportunity for someone who can to earn a living doing so.
Ppl aren't learning or teaching because of several things that have been touched on already, parents, schools etc and I'll add that we are more successful(monetarily) as well and can afford to pay to have things done.

Me.. Well, I fix my **** if I can and will teach my daughter the same.. My wife? She can't change oil but if she has flat she can handle it and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Pop told me once, 'if you can't pick a motorcycle up off the ground, you've no business on it', and I say if you can't change a flat, you've no business in a car, man or woman. It's that simple.
Kinda like when mom said dont climb any tree you arent ready to fall out of.

Necessity is the mother of invention for sure but their are tried and true recipes for success that are more the rule than an exception. Those will go much further than prepping for the exception, something that you spend your good works daily preventing.

A family is a grouping of dissimilar humans often offspring but not always. Roles and duties differ for good reason, there is way too much to do and not enough time to get it all done! Children cannot stop needing because a ditch needs digging or a tree needs removal. Thats why we learn diff things based on Gender, we need our women unbroken to care for those things most important in our lives. our children.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3271 Times on 2251 Posts
Likes Given: 1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
A hipster I ran into at a chinese buffet was wearing skinny jeans and a fitted shirt. He mentioned to me that I should wear tighter clothing to show off my "bod".

Please. Nobody wants to see all this.
You may be surprised.

Anyway. Raise your hands who remembers the bell bottoms? They were very tight at the hips, and low cut. The whole package looked like shrink wrapped sometimes. That was our generation then. The wavy hair locks, later a big mullet? These kids look better by comparison, the more I think of it.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3197 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 413

The term "chickification" coined by Rush Limbaugh certainly applies in some instances. (see also: New Castrati)
Give it a few years and there will be harder hits in the Lingerie League than the NFL at the rate things are going. I propose Women's Field Hockey Uniforms for the next generation NFL uniforms, the skirts will signal that the transformation is complete.
Then there's the "only gays can pick out matching clothing or decorate a room" meme that's never ending these days.
As for sharing my feelings? As long as you don't mind it in loud, angry, profane outbursts, I'm good with it.
Coffee...WTF happened to coffee? Ask for plain black coffee and see the weird look they give you at one of those boutique coffee joints. They look at you like your some sort of neanderthal. Why the hell should I pollute perfectly good coffee to the point it's no longer recognizable as coffee anymore? Just order a warm milk with sugar and be done with it already. (full disclosure: I once ordered a double espresso in Italy and drank it black with no nothing added. The guy who sold it to me seemed concerned. No, there was no bet involved, BTW.)

The feminization of culture in general and education specifically is pretty much the cause. The Feminist movement hates men and all things manly. Oddly though this doesn't eliminate the dependency mindset, they just replace men with Big daddy govt, (neutered appropriately of course.) They own academia and much of the left, so that's where things are headed.
I could go on & on.... Holy crap, there's a doctoral thesis here if one were so motivated.

NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
People Like This