Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #361
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
The wife and I talk smack about other people in front of them via text. It's fun.
Hahaha.......I have done that with my 'son', Eric, when we'd go out for breakfast after work. We never talked smack about any people we were with but we'd talk about people at other tables.

One time I was in an ER waiting room with Eric. He was in some severe back pain. He couldn't sit down and he was standing next to a chair and was bent over and had his hands on the arm of the chair. There was a guy sitting behind where Eric was standing. I texted him and told him the guy behind him was checking out his butt. I see Eric reach for his phone and read my text. He puts his phone in his pocket then slowly turns around to face the other way.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #362
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5525 Times on 2732 Posts
Likes Given: 5887

Honestly, I dont get bothered by what others sound like, look like or even say. Just as long as they stay out of my "Purple Circle"! I dont care who you are (Wife excluded), getting in my face is going to illicit a reaction from me. Gay's dont bother me cause Im not Gay, they figure that out quick enough, I dont have to tell them they know! We may have Gay-dar but they have more sensitive sensory systems than Hetero's, most dont like getting outed or pounded on and both have happened way too often.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #363
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 228 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
You can't TEACH what you, yourself have never been taught. I saw two young men in a parking lot "fretting" over a flat tire. As I watched these young men and their antics of trying to resolve the situation, I realized they had no clue as to what they had to do...
When my daughters were taking the driver training lessons I tried to take them out to learn how to change a flat. They resisted and stated "That's what our AAA cards are for". At least they had a plan but, if they were my sons, they would never have gone for the drivers test until they showed me they could change the flat themselves. That's what my father did to me.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #364
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1338 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 656

I can change a flat, but honestly, who cares. It is a material token from the past, and those come and go. I cannot make a longbow and shoot it for 400 yards. I don't know how to develop a 35 mm negative and make prints in a darkroom. Even my pickup truck has run flats. For my son to be a man, I want to know that if I look him in the eye, he will tell the truth and take responsibility. That he will not taunt or hit someone who can't defend themselves. The rest is learned skills.

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #365

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

Me and ZG just had pedicures the other day!!!. I love getting pedicures and massages. Does it make me less "manly", NO. If someone can't change a tire, WHO CARES. If someone wears skinny jeans, WHO CARES. If someone sits at a table and texts all that time, WHO CARES. If it doesn't affect your life style or endangers someone's life, WHO CARES!!!! Continue with YOUR life and stop worrying about these strangers because they don't act or look like you!

Last edited by Fathead00; 01-04-2014 at 04:47 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #366
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
When my daughters were taking the driver training lessons I tried to take them out to learn how to change a flat. They resisted and stated "That's what our AAA cards are for". At least they had a plan but, if they were my sons, they would never have gone for the drivers test until they showed me they could change the flat themselves. That's what my father did to me.
I know how to change a tire....I just don't think I'm strong enough to do it anymore.
locutus Likes This 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #367
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2453 Times on 1441 Posts
Likes Given: 1359

My record is 8 minutes, roadside, not at home, and I've never worked on a pit crew. I was just in a very big hurry!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #368
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 228 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know how to change a tire....I just don't think I'm strong enough to do it anymore.
Me either. That's why I wanted the kids to learn how to do it.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #369
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 316 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

"Material token from the past"....Ha....I love that one.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 01-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #370
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

My father showed me and made me change a flat so I would never have to rely on anyone...But, I have always had AAA ...just in case...