Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
"Half the trouble now is that the parents of these kids are trying to wrap them up in cotton and save them from the nasty world and won't let them out to climb trees, ride bikes, skin their knees, stuff that kids should be doing and seeing things like how Mother Nature works for real when a fox, Coyote catches a rabbit and eats it while it's still alive."
THIS^^ %100 percent times infinity agree!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Some parts are rather disturbing. This thread reminds me of a bag clerk at the neighborhood Kroger. He's at least 18 (the employee name tags are color coded according to age) about 5'10" 160lbs. He told the elderly lady in front of me in line when she asked for help with her groceries that he'd find another bag clerk to help her since he couldn't lift her 50lbs bag of Old Yeller dog food with his nails (long and bright purple).

The thing is I'm not saying that was feminine; I know plenty of women who would have done it damn the nails. His actions were just not very human, if that makes sense to you all.

P.S. I helped the lady to her car.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8751 Times on 5227 Posts
Likes Given: 11607

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjleal View Post
some parts are rather disturbing. This thread reminds me of a bag clerk at the neighborhood kroger. He's at least 18 (the employee name tags are color coded according to age) about 5'10" 160lbs. He told the elderly lady in front of me in line when she asked for help with her groceries that he'd find another bag clerk to help her since he couldn't lift her 50lbs bag of old yeller dog food with his nails (long and bright purple).

the thing is i'm not saying that was feminine; i know plenty of women who would have done it damn the nails. His actions were just not very human, if that makes sense to you all.

P.s. I helped the lady to her car.
seriously???

Old 12-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #24

Liked 3303 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 3046

After decades of single mothers raising these boys and declaring they don't need men, this is what you end up with. We are reaping what we sowed.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

The lack of experience with cars and tools is easy: for at least the last 10 years no kids, male or female, have had any exposure in school. Any of us complainers had shop in school (I had wood, metal, and engine shop required)--so everyone in my crowd had some exposure to how things work and how to fix them.

Whether it's budget cuts, liability, or competition from state standards, that common experience has disappeared. So they just never had that exposure unless their dad exposed them to it--and pretty soon it's gonna be THEM having kids.

Also with cars: well, think about the engine compartment of a '68 Dodge Dart compared with a 2012 Camry. You need a helluva lot more than a socket set to do anything, and it's a lot more intimidating even if you just want to fiddle around and see how things work.

On the purple fingernails, I have not much to offer.
Trez Likes This 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #26

Liked 187 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I have four letters for you: Dr Oz.
More like DR PHIL

Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

My Mom was a strong Woman, faced with the early death of my Dad, she did lots of things many men would not try today like Demo, Sheetrocking and other home repair tasks. She didnt learn it because she was interested in it, she was partner-less and the need was there so she learned. Given the choice, she would have rather followed the original plan, She caring for the children and the Home, Dad bringing home the Bacon!

I saw a show where they took men and gave them 50lbs of extra weight to simulate pregnancy, Im not sure why, Guys cant get pregnant, whats the point! Lets face it, they want all of us to be the same, it cant happen and shouldnt! Like a damn Unisex experiment or something, the outcome of which is a bunch of lab rats who are so confused about their gender and biology that they actually cant do anything useful better, just play dressup.

The outcome of this has been two sexes in a single house that cant do anything but call a professional when the car dies, if the Garden Tractor wont run or when the roof needs a patch. Im guessing this is payback for society telling them 50 years ago that Women needed to become more like men! Rosy the riveter was a situational need that changed our society forever. We devalued Women and told them the only way life would be better for them was if they became just like us, overworked and out of touch with our children!

My wife has tried to fru fru me a couple times and it failed miserably! Thanks but no thanks Hon, Im never going to color my grey hair, cover up battle scars with makeup or go to a place to get my hair cut that asks me if I want them to wash my hair first, not happening! My barber better know how to swing a real straight razor without drawing blood and the whole thing needs to be done in less than 15 minutes from the second the snippers come out or Im never coming back, (Ive been going to the same place for almost 30 years, $12.00, 20% more to the Barber and 15 minutes later, Im a new man)!

Strong Men and Women are the backbone of our civilization. Im not being a sexist when I say were different, we are and thats OK! Its OK to be a man or a woman, honestly. Guys dont need boobs, bobby pins and face paint (cept for war and hunting) and women dont really need to chew tobacco, lift cars or know how to repair the septic system for equality and freedom to be real. Even gays know this is an issue for them, why do you think most "Butch" Gays pair with one that plays the role of the Feminine Partner? Because a household with 2 adults that are exactly alike are missing half the ingredients for a happy household!

Years into my adulthood, I worked with a "Nancy Boy" for real. Nancy was born a Woman but you would never have guessed by looking or talking to her/him. We both girlwatched when we did service calls and everyone did a doubletake when Nancy would introduce herself. She had 3 children from her experiment in Heterosexuality in the Navy but had transitioned to gay after her divorce years before. She was Butch as they come and her honey was Lipstick even though she was pug ugly, short and stocky! Try as they might, life sucked for their family, kids failed again and again, rebelled and ran away and Nancy never did master being the provider/ fixer. She destroyed half of the TVs she worked on in the shop (finally being asked to find another line of work) and her carpentry skills at home never surpassed 1st year woodshop in High School. Even if her mind told her she was a man, she was a Woman, I always felt sad for her.

Two folks cohabiting that can build a home from the ground up probably cant muster enough compassion between them to fix a sick child and two Mother figures with a Trowel and a Bag of Cement likely cant fix the foundation of the house even if they are great at keeping the foundation of the family intact 24-7!

If God and Evolution found that us being the same was a good thing, we would be born with everything we needed to create life without help from another gender. That hasnt been the case and having all the technology in the world to overcome natural selection hasnt changed that one lick! Androgyny doesnt work, only on Saturday Night Live!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_%28Saturday_Night_Live%29

Im sure it would be easier if all kids and teens could be taught exactly the same things and be super good at all of them but easier doesnt mean better of effective, just easier. Sharing the load doesnt mean two people doing the same thing always, often it means multitasking on things we naturally do better than the other partner. I said naturally because like it or not, we have natural tendencies and capabilities based on our gender that the other gender does not, the words can and should are relevant here, can I do something my partner does or should I when I might better do something they cant?

The experiment needs to end, < 5% of American Couples dont have Natures blessings of dissimilarity to benefit from, why neuter all of us for the few?

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-10-2013 at 11:28 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #28

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

My brother is 36 years old and very girly. My mom has babied him and my other brother. The 36 year old would not be able to change a spark plug. My son is 15. He has been on the roof with me working on the swamp cooler. He has been under the Jeep we are building helping me bolt in the seats. He has walked through the woods with a 30-06 looking for an elk. (We never found any.) I am trying to help him "man up". I want him to be valuable to a good woman some day. I think girly men end up with the woman they deserve. My 36 year old brother is a perfect example. He was married. She pushed him around like he was a child. He had to get permission to do anything. He finally ran to my mom when he had to leave her. Embarrassing to have him for a brother.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8751 Times on 5227 Posts
Likes Given: 11607

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
My Mom was a strong Woman, faced with the early death of my Dad, she did lots of things many men would not try today like Demo, Sheetrocking and other home repair tasks. She didnt learn it because she was interested in it, she was partner-less and the need was there so she learned. Given the choice, she would have rather followed the original plan, She caring for the children and the Home, Dad bringing home the Bacon!
This was me. My ex did not die but he decided he didn't like being responsible for a family. So I did things I should never have done because I had to. I hated it. Looking back, I realized how many times I actually put myself in danger doing things I had no business doing. Like the time I rented a gas powered chain saw and took down three very tall Poplar trees because my Dad and my brother promised to come do it but season after season, never did. The trees were getting dangerous in high winds. Did I want to do it? HELL NO. Should I have done it, very probably not. I couldn't afford to pay someone to do it so I did. Fortunately, I got the job done without cutting of my leg or felling the tree on my or my neighbor's house. I relish the thought of handing some decision making and tasks over to some man way more capable than I am in those duties.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4351 Times on 2944 Posts
Likes Given: 2171

In my heart I agree with the main topic. My mind tells me something else. Are we like the guys (before guy was a word) in the Tudor England? "Look at the young lads... They can't stretch a bow to shoot a mere 300 yards! I saw one the other day, he complained his knightly coat of armor is a steam bath... All they wish to do is point those stink pipes and pull the trigger! A woman can do that!"

Only in half jest. My point is, we are biased like every generation before us. Our parents in the 60's thought London Bridge was coming down. It seemed to be! And now here we are.