Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - Page 25
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Looks like a lot of people are confusing being a man with being a functioning adult. Those are two completely different things.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 12-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #242
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Well, this thread seems to have gotten off the rails, but going with the flow I wonder how this guy will be judged? He is a clean cut, successful professional.

http://www.topshotchris.com/1/post/2013/12/im-gay-for-guns.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #243

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts

I could care less that anyone likes the same sex. I do care when your kid is goth to the max or ghetto as hell or looks like a total goat in little skinny jeans. And yes, it's more common today and yes, it's stupid.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well, this thread seems to have gotten off the rails, but going with the flow I wonder how this guy will be judged? He is a clean cut, successful professional.

http://www.topshotchris.com/1/post/2013/12/im-gay-for-guns.html
Sez it all for himself...

"I will be defined by my skills and accomplishments, not my sexuality."

Can't expect no more than that....

Become steel or get cut.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #245

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So a Gay guy likes firearms? What is the point? If a Gay shaves and drives a pick-up truck would that prove something? What is the link between sexual behavior and firearms?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #246
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7317 Times on 4401 Posts
Likes Given: 8975

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
I could make the exception for a 7 second quarter mile car running a powerglide, other than that I'm n emotional pain driving an auto lol. My dads truck is auto and when I drive it, I always turn it off n drive and expect it to die when rolling up to a stop sign when I have no clutch to push n. I'm passionate for manuals . They're a theft deterrent too. Less than 20% of Americans can drive one
Manual trans cars are getting hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
I'm a 41 year old father of two daughters, ages 6 and 10. As a kid, and up through college, I played soccer, baseball, football, rugby, wrestling, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Hapkido, and Lacrosse. After college I became a gun owner and got involved in shooting sports. My girls have seen their dad do 'manly things' since they were born. When other girls were in dance my oldest was taking archery. I put my foot down on activities that sexualize young girls. My kids don't seem to notice they are 'missing something' overtly 'girlish'. I cringe when I see Facebook pictures of my buddy's kids (girls) in next-to-nothing dance outfits or midriff exposing cheer outfits. My girls watch football and UFC fights. They have, and will continue to, hear to pick a career where they can take care of self and not be dependent on a man. BigJim said, "Women want a man to take care of them (financially and otherwise)". Maybe in days of yore. I'm not installing or perpetuating that fairy tale. I tell them not to get married prior to 30 and not to have kids until after that. Prior to this is a trap, you'll be washing dishes and taking **** and begging for money. Times are a changing boys. Girls are getting tough. Girls are driven. And girls need men less. Meanwhile, boys are mama's boys and babies and lazy. They have no drive. They sit in parent's basements playing video games with no broad plan or aspiration. The more feminine men become the less appealing they become and frankly, they are the way they are because their parents fostered it, they created that, they allowed it. My girls will grow up to kick ass and take names, because I'm over here laying that foundation, being a parent. If you don't tend to your flock your little sheep will wander, watching how to grew up from pop culture and friends, lost, devoid of morals. I'm a f-ing shepherd.
I say "amen" to that. My Mother made it a point to teach all her 3 kids, but ESPECIALLY us girls to get a college education and be independent. But I did take dance and ballet classes as a child. My Mother wanted to be sure us girls could get through live alone if we had to. At this point in my life my motto is, "If I'm with a man it's because I want to be with him, not because I have to be with him."
Vincine Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #247

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Fathead, I assure you this, most Women do size up their perspective mates on the man scale and have since the beginning of time. Animals have done that from the start and so do humans. The biggest and most aggressive Bull Moose gets the most cows, the Turkey's beard and dance are judged as are the pheasants plumes and cackle. Add to that no animal in our kingdom passes on their DNA if they arent fertile and active with the opposite sex (no fertility clinics in the field) so their is nearly no chance in hell that Homosexuality can be passed down in inherited genes. Humans often break the mold but thats far from natural and has very little to do with best practices as a Hominid. Even a blind person uses their hands to tell them if something is visually pleasing or offensive to them. As far as creating our own plumage like The spike heads and those with fishing lures hanging from their ears, nose, chin and wahoo goes--- unless I am one of your clan, I will probably not find it manly or pretty and just like others have said, Im not going to hire you or sleep with you if you dont somehow resemble the human I do or seek to attract in my business or for pleasure, why would you think thats odd? If another spikehead is critical of a fellow spikeheads adornment, thats prejudice but I dont spike or punch holes in me so I just look at it as freaky! You dont see too many bucks out there hanging with does that have extra parts nor do you see geese trying to mate with crows. Visual cues are very important to sustaining any form of animal life, humans are not exempt. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck; if it barks, its not a duck and other ducks wont be trying to mate with it! Try as we might to separate ourselves from the animal kingdom, we cant and wont successfully ever. It would be the end of the human race period, not just as we know it, no more humans!! So to bring this thread full circle, yes we are seeing our male population become feminized but it wont do much accept cause the most manly of men and womenly of Women to have fewer choices, my goal will be to teach my offspring to emulate what the opposite sex needs to live not what holly-weird dreams up as hip and cool today! We play adult games with reality all the time, dont do it with your kids please! Do them a favor and dont confuse them with choices that dont serve their gender any favors. There are already way too many diversions from reality, no need to toss in the flavor of the day just to add to the confusion. What is a real Man or a Real Woman? Real is subjective but history isnt all that subjective is it? How many Homosexuals do you read about that were influential in history? Not many comparatively, they were too busy trying to make sense out of their existence instead of competing for the prizes life has offered since the beginning.
It's funny, on some subjects here aligning ppl with animals is completely unacceptable and others it's acceptable The difference between 'us and them' is 'most' apparently not all humans have the ability of advanced comprehension beyond just physical appearance. I challenge ANYONE with a successful marriage beyond 10-15 years to say that physical appearance has played a major roll. I'll call anyone's bluff on that. That's real 'man' ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Humm? Dirty rebellious college kids usually end up being successful bushiness persons? Now that is a stretch. Most of the success stories are from the clean cut students that come prepared to lead. Yes you can find Urban Legends where "Huckleberry Finn" becomes president of General Motors but it is rare and more often fantasy.
So only ppl from from successful parents/homes that never rebel ever become successful? That's just simply not true, and I invite you to crawl back under whatever Rock you live under. Things have changed sir, and time has clearly passed you by. This type of attitude and stereotyping is played out and statements like that make you look 'dated'

image-2321496306.jpg

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Last edited by deadsp0t; 12-17-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
So a Gay guy likes firearms? What is the point? If a Gay shaves and drives a pick-up truck would that prove something? What is the link between sexual behavior and firearms?
Just following the drift here where people have been equating effeminate looks with homosexuals and even making the claim that people who dress "gay" and hang out with gays will inevitably "become" gay.

Chris Chang has long been highly competitive in shooting sports for several years where (if this membership is any measure) homosexuality is not widely accepted by specifically dressing as "one of us" and not appearing to be gay. People here have been saying "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, must be a duck".

Well, this dude doesn't seem to be a duck by that standard.

I have no doubt that his participation in a sport that seems to be dominated by straight white men will not make him "become" straight.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 12-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #249

Quote:
I could care less that anyone likes the same sex. I do care when your kid is goth to the max or ghetto as hell or looks like a total goat in little skinny jeans. And yes, it's more common today and yes, it's stupid.
Why does the appearance of other people's children bother you so?

Quote:

Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #250
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
I'm a 41 year old father of two daughters, ages 6 and 10. As a kid, and up through college, I played soccer, baseball, football, rugby, wrestling, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Hapkido, and Lacrosse. After college I became a gun owner and got involved in shooting sports. My girls have seen their dad do 'manly things' since they were born. When other girls were in dance my oldest was taking archery. I put my foot down on activities that sexualize young girls. My kids don't seem to notice they are 'missing something' overtly 'girlish'. I cringe when I see Facebook pictures of my buddy's kids (girls) in next-to-nothing dance outfits or midriff exposing cheer outfits. My girls watch football and UFC fights. They have, and will continue to, hear to pick a career where they can take care of self and not be dependent on a man. BigJim said, "Women want a man to take care of them (financially and otherwise)". Maybe in days of yore. I'm not installing or perpetuating that fairy tale. I tell them not to get married prior to 30 and not to have kids until after that. Prior to this is a trap, you'll be washing dishes and taking **** and begging for money. Times are a changing boys. Girls are getting tough. Girls are driven. And girls need men less. Meanwhile, boys are mama's boys and babies and lazy. They have no drive. They sit in parent's basements playing video games with no broad plan or aspiration. The more feminine men become the less appealing they become and frankly, they are the way they are because their parents fostered it, they created that, they allowed it. My girls will grow up to kick ass and take names, because I'm over here laying that foundation, being a parent. If you don't tend to your flock your little sheep will wander, watching how to grew up from pop culture and friends, lost, devoid of morals. I'm a f-ing shepherd.
When I was growing up in the fifties, my parents and all of my extended family taught both boys and girls how to dress a deer or elk, cut it up, and cook it. The kids, boys and girls, were also taught how to change a tire, shoot, maintain weapons, sew, wash and iron a load of clothes, clean house, and plant and tend a garden.

This has served my entire family very well. One of my 1st cousins, a biologist, married a young medical doctor who had never held a gun in his hand. "Doc" today teaches CCW classes, and they've been on an African hunting safari together.

I've never believed in teaching boys to be boys and girls to be girls. I believe in teaching children to be independent adults.

Winston Churchill
People Like This