Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - Page 22
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #211
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

what gets me and still can't grasp it, you see a guy go out buy a half ton/3/4 ton pick-up with wheels and low profile tires, dress in crack of your ass shorts, drink wine coolers, color his hair and so on and so on, now thats being a little strange.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #212
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
This is almost 2014, judging ppl, particularly by appearance my have been cool back in your day, but those days are beyond over.
If you owned a business, who would you hire to do a very important job?

Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - The Club House

Like it or not, someone's looks and behavior DO matter. (and I'm not talking about beauty). You can tell a slacker from a professional pretty damn easy.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #213

Liked 3621 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Just a few reminders to all.

1) We cannot judge the value of another, God imbued each of us with the same human value, as one of his children.

2)Though we cannot judge the value of another, it is important for each of us to judge the value each person has in our lives. We should strive to invest our lives in time with those that add value to our live, and avoid those that subtract value.

3) Like it or not, external visual, olfactory and auditory cues cause each of us to judge whether or not a person will add or subtract value to out lives.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #214

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

I put a bandaid on my wrist tattoo in 1990 because I knew "it" would be the deal breaker. I got the job - and "the lady" said OMG you have a tattoo we didn't know. HAHA fool. That humming bird and flowers about the size of a 25 cent piece did not interfere with my job skills. Besides, I still work here too! 24 years!

Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #215
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If you owned a business, who would you hire to do a very important job?

Like it or not, someone's looks and behavior DO matter. (and I'm not talking about beauty). You can tell a slacker from a professional pretty damn easy.
yeh, your right there and you just scared the hell out of me!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #216

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
If you owned a business, who would you hire to do a very important job? Like it or not, someone's looks and behavior DO matter. (and I'm not talking about beauty). You can tell a slacker from a professional pretty damn easy.
There's no chance in hell if hire the guy on the left to tattoo me..
Seriously, I doesn't matter to me, if the guy on the right has the qualifications and references to do the job and the guy on the left does not, I'd be putting my company in a bad spot by hiring based solely on looks.

Also, keep in mind that a good amount of our service men and women in their daily lives appear to be well mannered or distinguished. Yet they have far more discipline then most of us.

Judgment is above my pay grade.. I will not live in fear of people based on their appearance.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Seriously, I doesn't matter to me, if the guy on the right has the qualifications and references to do the job and the guy on the left does not, I'd be putting my company in a bad spot by hiring based solely on looks.

Also, keep in mind that a good amount of our service men and women in their daily lives appear to be well mannered or distinguished. Yet they have far more discipline then most of us.

Judgment is above my pay grade.. I will not live in fear of people based on their appearance.
So you'd hire the wannabe punk rocker over the professional business man? Your choice. Your company probably wouldn't be around long though.

How many people dressed like the punk have you seen working for Fortune 500 companies other than in the lowest positions available? How many CEOs dress like that? Successful salesmen? Doctors? Lawyers? Judges? I'm guessing none.

Quote:
Care to explain why?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #218

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

how did men acting feminine turn into a 'would you hire the punk rocker' thread?

wait - I know, this is the Firearms forum lol
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
how did men acting feminine turn into a 'would you hire the punk rocker' thread?

wait - I know, this is the Firearms forum lol
It's the natural order of things.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #220
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
"You can see a lot by just looking." -- Yogi Berra Ignore appearance and behavior at your peril. Contrary to the current PC BS, you can learn a lot about people just by how they dress and how they act. Add in what they drive, what they do for a living, and who they hang around with, and you have a pretty good basis from which to build a profile. I'm given to understand Law Enforcement and intel types do that sort of thing all the time. I make no claims at being particularly expert at it, but I figure if someone is assuming a certain appearance and the accompanying mannerisms, there is typically a reason. Deserted parking garage: Would you prefer to be followed by a group of people who look like thugs or a group who look like Mormon missionaries? If this guy came to take your daughter out, tell me you would be OK with it? http://fox13now.com/2012/10/03/accused-cop-killer-pleads-guilty/
+100. At the risk of drawing the ire of some of the anarchists on here, I will say that about 4/5 times I can spot somebody who's got issues (contraband/warrants etc.) in the time it takes me to pass them at a red light or slow roll by them on the sidewalk.

Sure there's also people I never see coming that have issues of their own. And there's always that guy who doesn't have it on him today, hasn't had his warrant put in the system yet or just got out of prison and hasn't had time to do anything else yet. But in general, actions, attitudes, facial expressions, appearances and personal hygiene/equipment maintenance all indicate a BUTTLOAD more than these PC idiots want believed.

Don't drink the kool-aid. If it looks like a crack-ho, acts like a crack ho, and is playing in traffic......

It's probably a crack-ho.

Last edited by DeltaF; 12-16-2013 at 11:54 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This