Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
This is not about sharing domestic labor and rearing a family. This thread is about overt and public displays of males with female traits. I don't recall anyone deriding or depreciating any caring fathers.
So.. If a man in public appears to you to have female traits, it doesn't matter about his domestic abilities or fathering abilities? He is not a real man based on appearance or 5-10 mins of casual observation? Regardless of what can actually due, like change a tire, raise a child, pay bills or milk a cow, cut the grass, rebuild a v-twin engine, use a dial caliper..

Be careful making assumptions..
First of all that's not how real Christians treat people.
Second, that's how you get made to look like an ass..
This is almost 2014, judging ppl, particularly by appearance my have been cool back in your day, but those days are beyond over.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #202
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1765 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 901

Honestly, no matter how I or anyone feels about it, this is what old men have complained about since the beginning of time.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #203
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2996 Times on 1715 Posts
Likes Given: 17669

No way...! ........these pants do make me look fat.....!

Old 12-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #204
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3056 Times on 2077 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
Do you have a sister, just kidding sort of. That is just my point, if mom could do it one armed she did, the rest we did. I can fix anything the house needs, and so can Dad. moms farmall cub with a belly mower is froze up and we will get it running before spring. This isn't macho bull****, it is what is.
QG it's like that here too. I Cooked a two Lb meat loaf for last nights dinner while she made the sides....FU,..my Wife has a sister,..but she's married,...maybe someday.....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 12-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #205
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
So.. If a man in public appears to you to have female traits, it doesn't matter about his domestic abilities or fathering abilities? He is not a real man based on appearance or 5-10 mins of casual observation? Regardless of what can actually due, like change a tire, raise a child, pay bills or milk a cow, cut the grass, rebuild a v-twin engine, use a dial caliper..

Be careful making assumptions..
Second, that's how you get made to look like an ass..
This is almost 2014, judging ppl, particularly by appearance my have been cool back in your day, but those days are beyond over.

If it looks like a pile of sh!t,
and it smells like a pile of sh!t,
and it's covered with green headed flies,
Then..................

Well, you get the idea.

Winston Churchill

Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #206
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2730 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Be careful making assumptions.
Second, that's how you get made to look like an ass.

"You can see a lot by just looking." -- Yogi Berra

Ignore appearance and behavior at your peril.

Contrary to the current PC BS, you can learn a lot about people just by how they dress and how they act. Add in what they drive, what they do for a living, and who they hang around with, and you have a pretty good basis from which to build a profile. I'm given to understand Law Enforcement and intel types do that sort of thing all the time. I make no claims at being particularly expert at it, but I figure if someone is assuming a certain appearance and the accompanying mannerisms, there is typically a reason.
Deserted parking garage: Would you prefer to be followed by a group of people who look like thugs or a group who look like Mormon missionaries?

If this guy came to take your daughter out, tell me you would be OK with it?
http://fox13now.com/2012/10/03/accused-cop-killer-pleads-guilty/
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #207
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
When I bring my mom to the salon for a pedicure/manicure she tries to get me to get one. I honestly cannot for the life of me see how people can spend that kind of money on getting their nails trimmed. Mom says it "feels good" and I tell her I can't stand having somebody touch my feet or my hands like that. If I wanna "feel good" I will probably not be doing it in a salon at a strip mall.
I'm with you on this Vikingdad, I do not like getting my feet or nails done ...I have no idea where the utensils have been before ...and they dig so deep into the cuticle it hurts....so I do it all myself...for free
If men want to have their nails done, go ahead, but it is very feminine in my opinion...

Old 12-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #208
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I wouldn't say that women are becoming more masculine, but they do seem to be becoming more capable.
Women have always been capable, whether they are masculine or not.....
Old 12-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #209
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
Not only these days. Look at some video footage from the 20's. What is true, I think, is that being a man is no longer a privilege it has once been. You don't hear "be a man!" anymore, it is politically incorrect. The better educated and better paid you are, the more you tend to conform to the "softer" image favored for promotion. It is a side effect of gender equality. I hope it does not erode our military, but judging them is above my current pay grade. Edit. Just thought of one example. A 300 lbs football player complains openly about being "bullied" by a 400 lbs teammate. The social acceptance of this is what bothers me, not the lotion or pedicure.
Honestly, our whole society is getting weak...young people having children is the first thing, these kids are coddled....we didn't wear helmets, knee pads and such when we went out to ride our bikes...and a football player being bullied is hysterical...they are supposed to be ruff n tuff...but even the NFL is starting to go soft...

Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #210
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
Haven't seen many in this neck of the woods. Are they coming?
I hate that but not as much as baggy pants hanging down with their undies and ass crack sticking out....PULL UP your dam pants!!!