Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anyone-else-think-men-act-more-feminine-nowadays-101377/)

beastmode986 12-10-2013 04:22 AM

Anyone else think men act more feminine nowadays?

I know I'm young so I haven't really "seen it all" but it seems like men act a lot more feminine nowadays. Listen to "Im still a guy" by brad paisley and you'll get what I mean. Just want to know if I'm s line wolf or not. Its funny, at my school a lot of the guys use lotion all the freaking time, they would never hunt fish or go near dirt either lol.

Vikingdad 12-10-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 1454090)
I know I'm young so I haven't really "seen it all" but it seems like men act a lot more feminine nowadays. Listen to "Im still a guy" by brad paisley and you'll get what I mean. Just want to know if I'm s line wolf or not. Its funny, at my school a lot of the guys use lotion all the freaking time, they would never hunt fish or go near dirt either lol.

Seeing as you are now in SoCal I think your sample is a little biased towards the "metrosexual man". I know a few of them, but I don't think there are any more of them than in times past.

Lotion? WTF?

Rick1967 12-10-2013 04:32 AM

I am seeing a lot of that too. I don't get it. My wife and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary today. We were walking the mall and saw a dude getting a pedicure. My wife asked if I wanted to make a date of it and both of us get one. I said I would be happy to sit with her while she got one. But nobody was touching my feet!:eek:

Vikingdad 12-10-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1454097)
I am seeing a lot of that too. I don't get it. My wife and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary today. We were walking the mall and saw a dude getting a pedicure. My wife asked if I wanted to make a date of it and both of us get one. I said I would be happy to sit with her while she got one. But nobody was touching my feet!:eek:

When I bring my mom to the salon for a pedicure/manicure she tries to get me to get one. I honestly cannot for the life of me see how people can spend that kind of money on getting their nails trimmed. Mom says it "feels good" and I tell her I can't stand having somebody touch my feet or my hands like that.

If I wanna "feel good" I will probably not be doing it in a salon at a strip mall. :eek:

nitestalker 12-10-2013 04:41 AM

I don't know about all the "Nancy Boys'? But young women are becoming more masculine. It just amazes me how many young ladies are buying and using firearms. There are more females competing in rodeos? Women are survivors. :)

Vikingdad 12-10-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1454105)
I don't know about all the "Nancy Boys'? But young women are becoming more masculine. It just amazes me how many young ladies are buying and using firearms. There are more females competing in rodeos? Women are survivors. :)

I wouldn't say that women are becoming more masculine, but they do seem to be becoming more capable.

unclebear 12-10-2013 04:47 AM

Yep guys are a lot girlier now a days i dont understand why makes no sense to me. How a lot of guys act now we use to call gay (not happy) now a days kids paint there nails and dress like girls and it ok when i was young if my parents saw me dressed like that it would have been a serious talking to, also the music now a days stinks cant stand 90% of it

TheSadPanda 12-10-2013 05:18 AM

I don't see the problem if a guy doesn't want to go lift weights and would rather get a pedicure. It doesn't affect me in the least bit. Who cares? More people are tryng different things nowadays. It makes us diverse. I like that.

Mercator 12-10-2013 05:45 AM

Not only these days. Look at some video footage from the 20's. What is true, I think, is that being a man is no longer a privilege it has once been. You don't hear "be a man!" anymore, it is politically incorrect. The better educated and better paid you are, the more you tend to conform to the "softer" image favored for promotion. It is a side effect of gender equality. I hope it does not erode our military, but judging them is above my current pay grade.

Edit. Just thought of one example. A 300 lbs football player complains openly about being "bullied" by a 400 lbs teammate. The social acceptance of this is what bothers me, not the lotion or pedicure.

NotMormon 12-10-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1454109)
I wouldn't say that women are becoming more masculine, but they do seem to be becoming more capable.

Supposedly, there's some kind of balance to the universe. I guess it would make sence that the more incapable men become, the more capable women become. And I don't mean that they were not capable to begin with. They are just more willing to change the oil, bait the hook, wash the car, shoot the animal, bring home the bacon and yes, inapropriatly scratch and/or adjust things in public:D Someone has to keep the balance, right?

I don't know:confused::confused::confused: Must be evolution or solar flairs or somethin.