Anyone else gotten laid off? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else gotten laid off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Since this is an old thread I thought that I would hijack it. I was a firefighter last year, and a guardsman, but was laid off in November. I turned in a conditional release to my unit and now am going active duty Army. I get a choice of duty station if I remain in the Infantry and Airborne school. I am choosing Ft. Campbell in Kentucky so that I might be placed in the 101st. I am hoping that if all goes to plan I will end up in either the 502nd or the 506th. The biggest problem that I have encountered is with the amount of time that it is taking to get my conditional release signed. So bye to everyone in Montana and hello Kentucky.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 AM   #52

Likes Given: 6

We have laid-off 50% of our workers the rest of us are rotating temporary lay-offs. This has been my waiting week. I have tried to tell my wife that it is a sorry hen that can't scratch for one old rooster.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #53

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm just starting my second month of being laid off. I'm generating decent interest in my resume and hope to have something lined up soon. I just need a company to cross the plain of the goal with an offer. In the meantime, I keep searching for jobs and somehow my browser keeps finding threads about what .22 is the most accurate or whether 9mm is worse than .45 etc.

If you still have a job, this would be a really good time to plan and save for not having a job.
Building an Economic Survival Plan - Associated Content

Six Things to Do Before You Get Laid Off - Associated Content

Good luck out there!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been sending out resumes for the past couple of weeks, at least 2 or 3 a day. I've went back for a second interview with a medical supply company who is actually growing. I'm trying to get an inside sales position with them. I figure sales experience can't hurt anything, no matter what field you are in. I'm praying that something will come out of this so maybe I can get back work!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I work in a family business, so i may have to get some part-time stuff to fill in, but i doubt i get laid off.

I'm sorry you guys have gotten the shaft, but take heart: a good buddy of mine quit his last hellish job right before the economy offed itself but has now found his dream job that is 10 times better than the old one could've ever been. It could happen for you too. Best of luck.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #56

I got laid off about a month ago after 18 years with the company. Thankfully I received a decent severance package. I havent looked for a job since I was 20 years old and am a little overwelmed with the process.