Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone else gotten laid off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was laid off in Feb. 2008 and in my state things are meager and always were to say the least. I am laid off from an Iron Foundry and it looks meager all the way around folks. I don't see the new President putting a Band Aid on anything very soon. He even said his plans might not work in four years too. Next time around, vote Independent. Republicans make wars, Democrats take guns, Independents take the ideas from both worlds and try to make people the happiest. Grab the chest waders and a canoe and hope for the best folks.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #12

I havent been working since the end of october, been doing odd jobs and such to make ends meet. It has been pretty nice spending more time with the kids. But am about ready to open up my own auto repair shop, pretty excited about it.
But like someone else said, everything happens for a reason.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My condolences. I've been buying guns on craigslist and selling them on texasguntrader. I sell plasma twice a week for gas money. It's a good thing my wife has a good job. I make only about 30% of what she makes, but it is nice to have.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandGuy View Post
Republicans make wars, Democrats take guns, Independents take the ideas from both worlds and try to make people the happiest.
WHAT???

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. Hang in there.

I was lucky I got fired 9 months before the housing market blew up in our faces. I was running a Scraper for a 1000+ employee construction company here in NOVA. I went back to school and now work in a decent job making ok money. I don't have to put up with stinky chest thumping cavemen and eat dirt and suck exauste every day. I am surronded by women and have my own office now.

I have friends that have not been working for 4 or 5 months now.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #16

I hate to post this, but to be honest, I've had a great year. I have a very good job and actually just got asked to reconsider my old job I got fired from in March of last year. Had to pull my 401K so I had no money on the stock market until after it crashed. I took a job out of town and shortly there after gas prices crashed, so this actually has been good for me personally. However I am worried for the country as a whole and feel for all who are losing their jobs.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #17

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Yeah that sucks spitinfire, I'm currently laid off too. Although unlike your predickament, my layoff is only temperary. I'm a heavy equipment operator in a limestone quarry and this happens about this time every year. Hopefully I get to go back in March, at least that what they told me. Might get to go back sooner. It's good to have skills to fall back on in situations like this, I have some side jobs lined up to do until I get back behind the wheel.

I'm glad my wife has a job because $238 a week on unemployment just doesn't cut it when you make $500 to $600 a week the rest of the year.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 01-22-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Hang in...

It's sad to read things like this... but you could be worst... I lost my job in March 2008 (as a birthday gift) and I can't find job since then... the sad history here is that I will not find job while Chavez is on charge... because I signed a request to make new elections and kickout him of the power, every single person that singned that petition it's on a list, that was made by a senator (obviously on the sidewalk of Chavez), and all the names on that list can't find job to any public position, but to any private company that works for the government neither. As me there are about 2.5 million of people that can't find jobs in here... generations of professionals with Universitary degrees are working as taxi cab drivers, odd jobs or any other job not related with the carrer they study for. I'm handicapped electronic engineer of 29 years old and +4 years of work experience living of my father... that is sad... Venezuela has living this inferno for 11 years and the next elections will be in Dec. 2012. So Hang in there, as we say here... God tight the rope, but he doesn't hang up anybody. The lord does not trump anybody (sorry any misspelling or if my translation of a popular quote it's wrong)
God bless you all

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Most of yesterday was spent going to local places to see if they needed any help, part time or full time. My wife found a few possibilities online last night so I've spent the morning polishing my resume to send into those places. Any of you guys good a resumes or proof reading?
I've got a few months before things get tight and I've already lined up some odd jobs to help out. If nothing else comes up I can always go back to driving a truck, don't really want to but I knew I kept that CDL for something.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #20

In the meantime, I suggest selling anything that you don't need or really want/use on ebay. It's a good way to keep up with bills. My girlfriend was out of a job for 5 months. I kept her (she's pregnant) and my 1 year old son fed and warm through selling my stuff on there.

Sure, they may be anti-gun but I made about as much as my gf would have, had she been working. She's been working for 2 months now. Ebay is on the backburner for now.

Good luck with your search. Remember to sit up straight and don't chew gum at any interviews.

Newest Threads