Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   anyone else enjoying the weather? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anyone-else-enjoying-weather-9950/)

matt g 01-14-2009 05:25 AM

anyone else enjoying the weather?

2200 HRS, 13 JAN 2008:

I just enjoyed one of Cuba's finest cigars on my patio along with a few of Cali's nicest ales, the whole while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Holy crap, I can't get over this weather. It's times like this that remind me of why I deal with this state's politics. Every winter, we get a small heat wave this time of year that gives us a week or two break from the winter drizzle. This year has brought us exceptionally mild day time highs and night time lows. It almost hit 80 today and it has got to be in the low 60s right now.

This summer is going to be a bad one. I guess we pay for our indulgences.

bkt 01-14-2009 10:27 AM

As of right now (6:25AM Eastern time) it is 5 degrees outside with a wind chill of -9. Tomorrow, we're supposed to enjoy a high of 2 degrees with a wind chill in the double digits below 0.

It's not quite flip-flop weather.

BacktoGats 01-14-2009 01:25 PM

Tonight we are forecast for -20! :eek:

Dillinger 01-14-2009 01:37 PM

Blow me Matt! ;) - We have rain coming in sideways, flooding out the rear end, so much so that I have to drive 20 minutes out of my way JUST to get home or to work. On top of that my crews are 3 plus weeks behind on forward production, so I got customers screaming bloody murder.

Yeah, I am LLLOOOOVVVVIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG the frickin weather right now! LOL

JD

canebrake 01-14-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 62428)
2200 HRS, 13 JAN 2008:

I just enjoyed one of Cuba's finest cigars on my patio along with a few of Cali's nicest ales, the whole while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Holy crap, I can't get over this weather. It's times like this that remind me of why I deal with this state's politics. Every winter, we get a small heat wave this time of year that gives us a week or two break from the winter drizzle. This year has brought us exceptionally mild day time highs and night time lows. It almost hit 80 today and it has got to be in the low 60s right now.

This summer is going to be a bad one. I guess we pay for our indulgences.

82F, sun shining, bass biting, single-barrel sour-mash and a boring forecast of more of the same thru March! Oh yea, did I mention the lack (currently "O"pression free) of gun politics here in the 'Gun"shine State!

dragunovsks 01-14-2009 05:16 PM

I feel the same way JD, it's colder than **** here in Indiana. Last year about this time it was so cold that when I closed the hood on my 88 F-150, the plastic bugshield on the hood shattered.

1861 01-14-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 62447)
As of right now (6:25AM Eastern time) it is 5 degrees outside with a wind chill of -9. Tomorrow, we're supposed to enjoy a high of 2 degrees with a wind chill in the double digits below 0.

It's not quite flip-flop weather.

just about the same here in the mountains of PA. , bad thing is I had a massive heart attack awhile back and can't go out when it is cold . going to be a long winter:)

Charley 01-15-2009 12:37 AM

I love it here but in a different way than you. I'm out in the country and It's cold and crisp, high temp today in the 40's.........my kind of weather. It's really the only time I can go outside and feel like I'm breathing clean air.

Summer..............Nah........Too hot and bugs the size of 747's out here :D

Chester 01-15-2009 12:52 AM

Here in the sunny south it's gonna be in the low 20's tonight and teens tomorrow night, But i'm looking on the bright side at least it's not rain or snow.

matt g 01-15-2009 12:59 AM

82 today. The record was 70 and that was set back in the late '50s. Lows tonight are supposed to be in the mid 60s again.

There are already talks of water going to the highest bidder in the upcoming years.