Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Anyone else drop their pistol in the bathroom? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anyone-else-drop-their-pistol-bathroom-16717/)

MarkoPo 08-09-2009 11:11 PM

Anyone else drop their pistol in the bathroom?

So the wife and I went to town tonight to do some shopping and decided it would be a good idea to eat out. We hit the Chinese buffet and load up noodles and chicken and dead cat I guess it was. Then we hit the local Wally World. After about 15 minutes my gut started rumbling. I went into the stall and wiped all the dried piss off the seat dropped the pants carefully and sat down so as little of my ass was touching as possible, not paying attention to my pistol. Well I hear a CLANK look down and my pistol is laying on the floor. The IWB holster flipped over sideways as I was holding my pants off the ground and my pistol fell out. Luckily there was no one else in the bathroom. What an embarassing moment for me. First time anything like this has ever happened to me. Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to here...........So I guess the moral of the story is don't eat Chinese when you are carrying.

cpttango30 08-09-2009 11:34 PM

LOL That has to he the funniest thing I have read on here in about 2 weeks.

I am sorry for your misfortune.

wsearfoss 08-10-2009 12:17 AM

2 points on the bathroom

#1 Unzip only. If that means a change in life style so be it. :confused:

#2 If you have to sit down remove the firearm and place it in the crotch of your underwear while sitting down. This prevents someone from reaching under the wall to take it, and prevents you from forgetting it on the back of the tank. :eek:

During both situations be aware of your surroundings this is when you are most vulnerable.

RL357Mag 08-10-2009 12:21 AM

But look at the bright side...it could have landed in a puddle of piss!:)

orangello 08-10-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 141732)
But look at the bright side...it could have landed in a puddle of piss!:)

Or slid out of reach as the first spazm of the trots reached your guts.

Dillinger 08-10-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsearfoss (Post 141730)

#2 If you have to sit down remove the firearm and place it in the crotch of your underwear while sitting down.

Plus one on that - or get a shoulder rig and learn to live with a lightweight jacket. :p

JD

caniswalensis 08-10-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsearfoss (Post 141730)
#1 Unzip only. If that means a change in life style so be it. :confused:

#2 If you have to sit down remove the firearm and place it in the crotch of your underwear while sitting down. This prevents someone from reaching under the wall to take it, and prevents you from forgetting it on the back of the tank. :eek:

#3 ALWAYS check your underwear for guns before pulling your pants back up!:D

Marko,

As someone that hates using public restrooms in the extreme, I sugest a second holster with a bottle of metamucil in it. :cool:

Canis

c3shooter 08-10-2009 02:19 AM

foss nailed this one. Putting the piece in your undies keeps it in front of you, you don't forget it, and the damned thing will not hit the floor, bounce, and slide 2 stalls down, leaving you with trou at half mast while trying to reclaim it.

And if you ever saw the TV show Barney Miller, remember Det. Fish (Abe Vigoda) always had to go to the head? Shoulder holster.

cpttango30 08-10-2009 02:24 AM

dude if you guys would all just use shoulder holsters you wouldn't have this problem.

HEADLINE NEWS Man blows balls off while taking a crap in wal-mart. Not a headline I want to read or be in.

LegatoRedrivers 08-10-2009 02:06 PM

I prefer a shoulder rig in any case, but I use an inside the pants holster during the summer. It's far too easy for a BG to disarm you once you've passed out from heat exhaustion...

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't pull one of these:

Man accidentally shoots toilet getting off the bowl | Say What?