You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anyone close to Benning Boy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Say what you will. I'm the E.F. Hutton of new threads.

The title was explicit enough. It wasn't a thread about rainbows and lollipops. And yet it was viewed extensively, replied to extensively, spawned a timely and thought provoking avatar, and maybe brought us all a little closer.

It's not easy to open up to a bunch of rugged manly men and say "You know what guys, I don't like spiders that eat your flesh." But I did. A man has feelings, and hopes, and dreams, and yes, even fears.

(Big finish time, watch it) I'm sorry that I developed this fear of this particular spider. I blame it on six months of doing my part in the Multinational Force Observers, where we were given orange berets to make it easier for bad guys to get that head shot, being kept from all female contact (except for 3 days in Tel Aviv, but that's a bunker thread) and burning our own feces to keep America safe. I realize the best way to repay somebody for this is to cut off his nuts.

Well go ahead. I've already given one to Lance Armstrong, and if Robo takes one, I'll have 2 left.

Live Strong, Lance.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #12

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Well go ahead. I've already given one to Lance Armstrong, and if Robo takes one, I'll have 2 left.
You good sir, have just won, one internet.
Anyone close to Benning Boy - The Club House
"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #13

See, there's always a bright side.

Thank you, Ubergopher.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Say what you will. I'm the E.F. Hutton of new threads.

The title was explicit enough. It wasn't a thread about rainbows and lollipops. And yet it was viewed extensively, replied to extensively, spawned a timely and thought provoking avatar, and maybe brought us all a little closer.

It's not easy to open up to a bunch of rugged manly men and say "You know what guys, I don't like spiders that eat your flesh." But I did. A man has feelings, and hopes, and dreams, and yes, even fears.

(Big finish time, watch it) I'm sorry that I developed this fear of this particular spider. I blame it on six months of doing my part in the Multinational Force Observers, where we were given orange berets to make it easier for bad guys to get that head shot, being kept from all female contact (except for 3 days in Tel Aviv, but that's a bunker thread) and burning our own feces to keep America safe. I realize the best way to repay somebody for this is to cut off his nuts.

Live Strong, Lance.
Thank you Benning, Thank you for your service, burning $hitters sucks. Please allow the man to retain all parts with my apologies. Spider freaked me so bad I forgot who I was talking to. JUST PLEASE NO MORE FREAKING SPIDERS. Bless you my friend.

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #15

No Bobby, thank you for your wisdom and compassion. I know that spiders get to us on a primal level, they do with me at least.

No apologies are needed, my friend.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #16

Quote:
No Bobby, thank you for your wisdom and compassion. I know that spiders get to us on a primal level, they do with me at least.

No apologies are needed, my friend.
Very Honerable of you Benning. Accepted, and humbled. Let us move on.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #17

Oh, and by the way...
big-20spider-203.jpg  

Old 06-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #18

You low down, dirty, egg sucking, no count DAWG. He!!'s fire get all four of em. Shutter. Another thread to avoid now.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Benning, I congradulate you sir. Two threads on the same topic that have made me smile a number of times. Well done!

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Benning, I congradulate you sir. Two threads on the same topic that have made me smile a number of times. Well done!
The delicious irony is that this is Bobby's thread. The guy that hates spiders the most is the one responsible.

I'm gonna get some milk, pour it on this bowl of irony, and eat it up Yum!

Scrumptious!